• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Can you Identify PHISHING?

Scotty J.

Packin
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, Ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ford Ranger XLT
Here are a couple of test that are excellent at showing how Phish attempts can be perpetrated.
Website Phishing Test

EMAIL Phishing Test

The are especially good because they show you why the sites are legit or phishing sites.

No, this is not a Phishing attempt LOL. First test I guess is the links. The first is to opendns.com and the second to sonicwall.com both very respected in the IT world.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Looks like the police can identify phishing.

Whoops. You mean something different.

:)

Scotty J.

Packin
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, Ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ford Ranger XLT
Sad thing is, nobody even mention Trey Anastasio on the main guitar forum I frequent LOL.

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
Got a 100% on both. But, I knew I was looking for them. A couple of those (web pages) may have slipped by BUT what the test doesn't take into account is "how" you got there..

As annoying as those new features are in browsers and anti virus programs that check search results and web sites they really do help the masses.

~Mark

96firephoenix

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
Check this one, to know more about [link deleted by 96firepheonix]
Mitch

Found the risky click of the day, right here. New member as of today, first post? Posting a link in a "spot phishing" thread from 5 years ago?