can you install a overhead console if it has the sunroof switch? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can you install a overhead console if it has the sunroof switch?

mnmattie

Reaction score
City, State
Brainerd, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
I want to install an overhead console with the sunroof switch instead of the garage door opener on a 94. Has anyone done this swap? I've found and bookmarked many pages with adding one with the garage door opener, but the mounting brackets are different. Any suggestions or something that I overlooked?

-mattie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are the same size, so the mounting brackets should be the same or very close. There is one extra power wire in the sunroof version, other than that they swap easily.

wasn't sure if i could use the mounting bracket for the garage style with the sunroof style since i know the sunroof style has a plastic bracket that attaches to the lip of the sunroof....

but if you think it can then i'll see about picking up a bracket for a garage style console then

-Mattie

They are the same size, so the mounting brackets should be the same or very close. There is one extra power wire in the sunroof version, other than that they swap easily.

Actually I think the sunroof consoles are longer so that they can hook into the the sunroof trim.

I don't know, I have seen a few in yards, and my 98 with it, plus my 99 with the 93 part without it. I do not want to mislead, please compare them directly, ask Kubiak the parts source here to say. Regards,

Back