can you lower a 95-00 explorer 2-4 inches? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can you lower a 95-00 explorer 2-4 inches?

BarberJ

Reaction score
can you lower a 95-00 explorer 2-4 inches? I am going to be getting a newer explorer sport 4wd in april.. and I was wondering what it takes to lower it and who has the kit.. thanx in advance Jay Barber

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AIM and Belltech (I believe) market 3" drop leaf springs for the rear, but you can't get that much drop out of the torsion bars. Even if you did, you'd have a bunch of negative camber that you couldn't correct, even with the adjustable camber plates.

I like the way mine turned out with the
1 1/2" kit; it doesn't look like a lowrider, but doesn't look like a faux 4 wheeler, either. If you find spindles somewhere, let us know!

Pete

I know a guy with a explorer its lowered like 3-4 inches front and back.. I'm gonna find out where he got it lowered and I'll let everyone know

You might be able to get a 3-4 inch drop by buying a lowering kit from Explorer Express and then doing a couple more things. You could lower the front end more by doing the reverse torsion twist. I'm not sure if this part would work so someone tell me if it doesn't. The Advanced Auto (it used to be a Parts America) carries lowering blocks that should work on the rear. You might need to get longer U-bolts, and I'm not sure how strong this would be. Please reply and tell me what you think about my little idea. Thanks.

I have my explorer lowered 1 3/4 inches. And thats all you can get out of as far as I know. The rear is easy to do more, because of lowering blocks and such. But the only way I know to lower the front end any is by loosening the torsion bars. And with them unsscrewed as far as possible you only get a 1 3/4 drop. This is on a '99, I dont know how different other years are. It doent sound like much. But I still have stock 16x7 wheels and tires. It definetly makes it look alot more agressive. You will rub the top of your front wheel wells on big bumps though on stock shocks. I have eldebrock performer IAS's for lowered explorers. They work perfectly. If you had maybe 17 inch tires with a little lower profile. it would look nice. But thats the only way I know to lower the truck. Hope I helped a bit.
Jason

------------------
'99 Sport SOHC Auto
K&N filter, Air box mod
Bosch 4+'s, Lowered, Eldebrock shocks

You might be able to get a 3-4 inch drop by buying a lowering kit from Explorer Express and then doing a couple more things. You could lower the front end more by doing the reverse torsion twist. I'm not sure if this part would work so someone tell me if it doesn't. The Advanced Auto (it used to be a Parts America) carries lowering blocks that should work on the rear. You might need to get longer U-bolts, and I'm not sure how strong this would be. Please reply and tell me what you think about my little idea. Thanks.
Reverse torsion twist? Ouch! Sounds like that could hurt!!!😂😂😂

Back