can you split one auxiliary input in to multiple inputs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can you split one auxiliary input in to multiple inputs?

WSUDrummer

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Park, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Hey I was wondering if there is a way to take a single auxiliary input and split it off to make multiple inputs. right now I have a single auxiliary input and have my ipod hooked in it, but eventually I would like to put my playstation and two visor monitors in, and I have read that it needs to be connected to the auxiliary input for audio so im wondering if there is an adapter or cable that will split the single input into more than one so I could do this. the cd player im using is a Pioneer DEH-P4800MP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It sounds like you want to be able to have multiple sources, but only have one input on your head unit. If so, you need a source switcher.

I know PIE (www.pie.net) makes one, but I think they only make a 2 source switcher. There may be others out there (I only know PIE because I have one of their RCA source converters for our mustang).

~Mark

If you dont want to spend the bucks on a source switcher you can try a FM modulator for the ipod and put the playstation on the aux input. Or you could trying using rca y-adapters, just make sure when using the ipod the playstation is off and vice versa.

if ur talking about rca in puts, i grabbed a little $5 input source selector from walmart a few months ago. i switch between my external gps (works on video monitors) ps2, ipod and rear view camera. 4 inputs to 1 output

or just go to radio shack and get a splitter...

Back