Canadian Backroads | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canadian Backroads

confirmation

so just confirming the trip , were all meeting at #7 exit(westmount chevron)_ at 9am on saturday the 10th. I'll be there ready to roll.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I`ll be there,
someone else asked me if he could come in his Mazda, I`m tellin him it`s cool via email in a sec here.

Don`t know if Carson`s coming though..

good stuff , i am also trying to recruit a fellow north vaner with a lifted 2dr to come as well , not sure if it will turn out though , but anyways i will see you at the gas station on thursday , and haha i dont forsee any problems recognizing each other.

I'm going to have to sit this one out, I haven't had time to fix my front end yet and I've got something to do with work. Hope you guys have a great time, I'll go next time.

Carson

Carson, that`s a bummer, My wife isn`t coming now, I was gunna say I could pick ya up and you could ride with me!

but anyways i will see you at the gas station on thursday , and haha i dont forsee any problems recognizing each other.

hehe, just making sure of the meeting point, it says thursday in the quote?

HAHA, I`m sure ya meant saturday. I never noticed that before.

Well we went, and it was kind of anti-climactic!

Allan, looking at my mapbook later, page 20 shows the begininning of the road in, and the Indian arm road is a hard right turn off the Mamquam FSR, which we never left. Of course, since your buddy had 4 years of cadet training, and knew we were on the right road, I never thought we had missed it right at the beginning!

But this wasn`t so bad, because I would have probably wanted to check out the Mamquam one day anyhow, and now I can still try and get to the Indian arm another day.

I only got a couple pics but here they are:

Attachments

• mamquam fsr.jpg
    mamquam fsr.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 333
  • mamquam fsr (2).jpg
    mamquam fsr (2).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 327
  • mamquam fsr (3).jpg
    mamquam fsr (3).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 324

haha yeah i had a look at the map too and we should have turned off the mamquam before the heavy equipment. nbut oh well that means we will have to do another trip to explore it. now what i should have done was read the map at the start of the road instead of goin "hey pete tell me where to go".and thnx for the pics they turned out well.

Got some more backroads here!

This be from near 100 mile house in the BC interior, yesterday, actually. It`s Mahood falls, near Canim lake.

You gotta do a bit of climbing to get to see it from bottom, but you can almost get under it.

Attachments

• 100-mile1.JPG
    100-mile1.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 329
  • 100-mile2b.JPG
    100-mile2b.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 387

And of course there`s always the side of the logging road amusement!

Attachments

• 100-mile4.JPG
    100-mile4.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 326

Those are great looking pictures! BC is a beautiful place.

Again nice pics and gorgeous scenery!

Positive Vibes said:
Again nice pics and gorgeous scenery!
Yeah, what he said. :p Great place you live in there Jim. :chug:

Oh yeah, on the way back me and my boy spotted a sign right near Yale that said spirit caves, we mountain climbed for 2 hours for what was basically a bunch of deep cracks in some rock. :rolleyes: But we had an awesome view, the pic here is the small town of Yale, BC. Right beside the Fraser River, the entrance to the Fraser Canyon.

Attachments

• 100-mile6.JPG
    100-mile6.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 350

And honorable mention goes to Alexandra bridge, which used to be part of the old hwy, and is over 100 years old. Now you can pull off the hwy and walk down to it.
I decided this trip, instead of racing past all the points of interest along the hwy, that I would see more this time.

Attachments

• 100-mile7.JPG
    100-mile7.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 327

I also went camping a couple weeks ago, lol. Little outdoors crazy I guess!
At my favorite camping spot at Harrison lake me and a buddy took part in that old Canadian tradition.. Log Rolling!
Boy did we spend too long at that though, I kicked butt on the log, but almost broke my pinky toe, got a huge bruise on my thigh, hurt my elbow and shoulder. lotsa fun!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Carson (carsonm) and I went out today to try a trail that`s called. "Wilson Lake trail" Geographically, it is close to Chehalis Lake.

It actually was a harder trail for us, and our lack of rock sliders came back to bite us.

I got a couple new dents on my rockers, bent up one of my body mount brackets dragging along a rock, and busted up one of my plastic hub covers thingies.
Carson actually tweaked his front fender from hitting on his rocker close to the front tire. He is afraid to open the passenger door now..

Attachments

• carson damage.JPG
    carson damage.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 296

Back