• Register Today It's free!

Canadian pricing???

Alberta Al

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Toyota Matrix
I'm having some difficulty finding information on how much is reasonable to pay for an Explorer. We're likely going to get an XLT, with a few extras. A dealer has emailed a sticker price to me ($43800 before GST) ... which I'm sure is much higher than what I should be able to get it for.

Does anyone have any suggestions on price, or have a link giving some guidance on pricing?

Here's the vehicle's options that was quoted to me:

- 4 door, XLT Explorer 4WD
- 3.5 litre V6 TIVCT Enginer
- 6 speed auto transmission
- tuxedo black with charcoal black cloth interior
- Equipment group 201A
- Towing package (Class III)
- Blind spot monitoring system
- Voice activated navigation system

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds about right. In Toronto, it prices out to 42,800.

'Sounds about right' ... as in what's expected on the sticker price? I'm hoping that's not what I'm going to have to pay.

I'm having some difficulty finding information on how much is reasonable to pay for an Explorer. We're likely going to get an XLT, with a few extras. A dealer has emailed a sticker price to me ($43800 before GST) ... which I'm sure is much higher than what I should be able to get it for.

Does anyone have any suggestions on price, or have a link giving some guidance on pricing?

- Equipment group 201A
Welcome to the Forum Alberta Al.:wavey:

Here are two links you may want to check out. Keep in mind that most of not all of these are U.S. posts.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383322&highlight=price

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394885&highlight=price

Good luck.:thumbsup:

Peter

There is a lot of BS on pricing IMO

You can negotiate a good price if you shop around and know what a good price should be.

I have a friend who has gotten rather well at it but he buys a car roughly every 6 months over the last 40+ years. :eek:

- Equipment group 201A

Alberta Al

If your not in a hurry.

Just a suggestion but when Ford of Canada runs the "Employee Pricing" every summer it usually can be combined with the Costco $1000 cash back offer.

To give you an idea of how good the deals are I just got got a 2014 full load Sport for $45,333.

Thats not much more then you were quoted for your XLT

If you want to buy now, I would suggest the online Ford site and have the dealers send you multiple quotes.

CarCost.ca is good too.

I will give myself some time to research options, and pricing ... but I can't wait until summer for a purchase. I'll probably end up buy in the beginning of January.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm also impressed that you got the Sport model for that price. Well done!

Yes its a really good price, it was cheaper then I got my 13 Limited for thats why I had to take the deal.

In Canada that same SPORT build has an MSRP of $55,764

There are lots of Dealers and they all want to sell cars. When I buy, I find one willing to sell at $100.00 over Dealer Invoice...You can easily look up vehicle invoice pricing on line.
And you should not have to give up any factory incentives, if any are offered at the time...Other manufacture Dealers will do this also. I think I'd look at a Pathfinder or Highlander....best regards Plum

Just received a quote for 2014 XLT, Ruby Red, 202A package(backup camera, Leather seats etc.) and BLIS for 40,000CAD before Tax & Fee
MSRP: 43,914.

Not sure this is a good deal or not. That's the 1st dealer I went to. I'd mind to wait until Employee Pricing in June or July or when the 15 models comes.

Just received a quote for 2014 XLT, Ruby Red, 202A package(backup camera, Leather seats etc.) and BLIS for 40,000CAD before Tax & Fee
MSRP: 43,914.

Not sure this is a good deal or not. That's the 1st dealer I went to. I'd mind to wait until Employee Pricing in June or July or when the 15 models comes.
Welcome to the Forum sbo.:wavey:
I just did a "Build & Price" of a 2014 Ruby Red XLT with 202A package and BLIS.
I selected the 3.5L V6 AWD, not sure if that is what you wanted.
MRSP shows as $39,299 with a Net price before taxes of $43,914. That means you are paying $701 over MRSP. If you are happy with it than for you it is a good price. As far as anyone else is concerned it may or may not be. I have said many times on here that a good price is one that YOU are happy with.

Peter

Hi Al,

I ordered my 2014 Sport in Calgary in early January, buld date is schedule for mid February. MSRP was 53,164 and final price was 44,070 plus GST. I used the X-Plan plus 3,750 rebate, 1000 Costco, 500 holiday bonus and 1200 for the prepaid lease lease cash incentive. some of those incentives have passed and some are based on how you finance the purchase. If you don't have access to X-Plan check to see if your employer is part of the SCDL (its a coprporate social club that offers discounts on verious merchants). Ford is one of the SCDL merchants that offers 2% over invoice. or you can always try to negotiate the price down and then add on the manufacturers incentives as i don't think the XLT is in great of demand as the Sport.

Good Luck!

Al,

In my previous post I had my 14 Sport priced at $45,333. MSRP $55,764 (A Plan + FALS)

Last week the salesman got it down to $44,123 because of the extra Costco $1000 bonus cash offer.

Thats all options except Headrest DVD, which I carried over from my 13 Limited.

Given that the 15MY ordering starts in March I would hold off, Employee Pricing will be back in the Spring and then you can pick up any updates to the product.

I will be seriously pissed if they add HID's to the SPORT for 15MY.

Hi Al,

I ordered my 2014 Sport in Calgary in early January, buld date is schedule for mid February. MSRP was 53,164 and final price was 44,070 plus GST. I used the X-Plan plus 3,750 rebate, 1000 Costco, 500 holiday bonus and 1200 for the prepaid lease lease cash incentive. some of those incentives have passed and some are based on how you finance the purchase. If you don't have access to X-Plan check to see if your employer is part of the SCDL (its a coprporate social club that offers discounts on verious merchants). Ford is one of the SCDL merchants that offers 2% over invoice. or you can always try to negotiate the price down and then add on the manufacturers incentives as i don't think the XLT is in great of demand as the Sport.

Good Luck!
Are you aware that in Canada you can reduce the interest rate by putting down multiple refundable security deposits? When I leased mine in March 2011 I put down $6250 and that reduced my interest rate by 1.50%. When the lease is up, I get that back.

Peter

Al,

In my previous post I had my 14 Sport priced at $45,333. MSRP $55,764 (A Plan + FALS)

Last week the salesman got it down to $44,123 because of the extra Costco $1000 bonus cash offer.

Thats all options except Headrest DVD, which I carried over from my 13 Limited.

Given that the 15MY ordering starts in March I would hold off, Employee Pricing will be back in the Spring and then you can pick up any updates to the product.

I will be seriously pissed if they add HID's to the SPORT for 15MY.

Thanks a lot. Yes, the 3,750 rebate (delivery allowance) is gone now. I do not mind wait another 2-3 month when 15 models comes out or when they do employee pricing.

Welcome to the Forum sbo.:wavey:
I just did a "Build & Price" of a 2014 Ruby Red XLT with 202A package and BLIS.
I selected the 3.5L V6 AWD, not sure if that is what you wanted.
MRSP shows as $39,299 with a Net price before taxes of $43,914. That means you are paying $701 over MRSP. If you are happy with it than for you it is a good price. As far as anyone else is concerned it may or may not be. I have said many times on here that a good price is one that YOU are happy with.

Peter

Thanks Peter. No, I'm not happy with this price. Haven't asked round yet.
Probably I will wait a while (2-3 month) for bigger promotion from ford.ca, and then buy it. Plus I'm not qualified for COSTCO discount too.

Thanks Peter. No, I'm not happy with this price. Haven't asked round yet.
Probably I will wait a while (2-3 month) for bigger promotion from ford.ca, and then buy it. Plus I'm not qualified for COSTCO discount too.
I want to get a clarification on what 'Eligible' means when referring to a Costco membership. The way I look at it, you are either a member or you are not so why the word 'Eligible'? My lease runs out March 2015 and I'm thinking of taking out a membership a few months before just for the Ford discount. I don't plan on shopping at Costco. Orders for the 2014 models close on March 14th. After that date you will only be able to buy from dealer inventory which could make it more difficult to get exactly what you want. Good luck.

Peter

I want to get a clarification on what 'Eligible' means when referring to a Costco membership. The way I look at it, you are either a member or you are not so why the word 'Eligible'? My lease runs out March 2015 and I'm thinking of taking out a membership a few months before just for the Ford discount. I don't plan on shopping at Costco. Orders for the 2014 models close on March 14th. After that date you will only be able to buy from dealer inventory which could make it more difficult to get exactly what you want. Good luck.

Peter

Peter,

Get the Sport

You only live once, you wont regret it.

Nice Platinum White one and you can carry over your winter rims and tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter,

Get the Sport

You only live once, you wont regret it.

Nice Platinum White one and you can carry over your winter rims and tires.
Can't say I haven't thought about it. Just yesterday my financial advisor told me I had to spend more! I've also been checking out Lincoln.

Peter

Back