Cannot find vacuum hose connection | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cannot find vacuum hose connection

rcrawley

Reaction score
City, State
Maysville, Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Expolrer XLS
I am in the final stage of replacing the heads on a 2000 Explorer with the V6 push-rod engine. I labled all connections before starting.

Here is my problem. Everything went fine until the last vacuum line. I labeled it but now for the life of me cannot find the connection. The line in question is two lines that pass over the passenger side valve cover.

Can someone with the same engine please tell me where the lines connect?

Found it! After a few youtube videos I found one that helped. It connects to the fuel pressure damper.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't have the OHV engine, so can't directly help but I assume one end of the vac line is connected to something (what/where?). Pics might help.

Heater control valve maybe? Where's the EGR valve on the OHV engine?

the other one goes to evap canister purge valve.
roscoe

the other one goes to evap canister purge valve.
roscoe

Isn't that located under the battery box on the driver's side? OP said his hose was on the passenger side... ? OP - A picture would have helped.

If you reread the OP post he solved it...The post should read solved...

If you reread the OP post he solved it...The post should read solved...

Oh, sneaky. The OP edited his original post, which doesn't generate update email. I forgot about the FPR.

Back