Can't decide - brush guard or bull bar? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't decide - brush guard or bull bar?

The problem isn't really mounting area. It's more of a flaw in the frame design and strength, they're made to collapse in a wreck. Trust me my neighbor/ landlord has a frame shop behind his house and does work for 30 different garages around the Pittsburgh area. He's never done working. Most vehicles are made to collapse to absorb the impact. This also causes more damage and repair cost to the vehicle. You'd be amazed at the damage and resurrections I've seen go in , then come back out of his shop. IMO, RBV have a really weak frame and front unibody design (cab/front inner fenders), their freaking tin, you could kick the frontend of these things and push them in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

True. I noticed a lot of that for the first time as i was trimming my fenders.... good grief it was thin. I was using some red tinsnips to cut everything, even the "heavier" gauge mounting spots for the fenders. I'd hate to see an ST in a head on.. ouch.

Surprisingly for some reason the ST take a hit a whole lot better.

I was gonna say, a bull bar will probably cause less damage to your truck if you actually hit something with it.

I've got a bull bar in the Classifieds. But it's jsut local, I don't wanna ship it.

Go big or go Home ! the brush guard with the lights

Back