• Register Today It's free!

can't find egr 91 sport

garagedog369

Reaction score
City, State
egan south dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer 4 wheel
this is may be a stupid question. but where is the egr on a 91 4.0? i'm not new to the game of turning wrenches, but i can't find the egr valve. i 've thought about it before, untill i went looking for it. i ran all my vacuum lines, still did'nt find it looked for a pipe going to it a no go. where is it? hope that dam gremlin didn't steal it last night.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go blame the gremlin..

The 1991 and 1992's don't have egr

~Mark

Hayne's inaccurate?

Go blame the gremlin..

The 1991 and 1992's don't have egr

~Mark

My Hayne's manual has a 1991 4.0L wiring diagram that shows an EGR vacuum regulator connected to pin 33 of the PCM. Is that incorrect?

I belive some have it and some don't on the 91-93, but either way he would have found it if it had.

I have never seen a '91-'92 with an EGR. 2000SR, the reason your manual shows it is because all wireing diagrams are generic and show everything the vehicle could have on it. Its more than likely that pin 33 is the correct pin, as designated by Ford, but it was never used until '93.

...MrBoyle is correct...

...Not only Haynes and chiltons books but other industry repair guides show wrong info for the 91-92 model's..

..This is a common schematic which comes up for a 91 X and is noted as such..This is actually for a 93-94 model as the 91-92's have the battery and power distibution box on the passenger fender, not the drivers side..;)
0900c1528018ede5jx4.gif

..At least this one has a disclaimer note of sorts on the bottom left corner..

that explanes things

thanks guys . but that does bring up the subject of what takes place of the egr.?so go to the next thread.

Back