Can't get 05 mountaineer into key fob programming mode | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't get 05 mountaineer into key fob programming mode

Sciggy

Reaction score
I've read on the forums the different procedures for getting the car into programing mode for the key fob. I've followed all the different steps and nothing works. I've put the parking break on, turn the key from off to on 8 times in less than 10 seconds, disconnected the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes. When I cycle the key, the locks never do anything to show the car is in programming mode. Any ideas what might be wrong?

My key fob worked for 3 days after I bought the car used, and then stopped completely. Replaced the battery in the fob and it is good, just can't get car into programming mode. Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's on page 104 of the owners manual. do you not have it?
The proceedure varies from year to year...
Welcome to the forum!

I have the manual and followed the directions exactly but the car won't lock/unlock the doors to signify the car is in programming mode. Do you think the vehicle security module could be bad? The keypad on the door works fine. I pulled the #20 fuse and it seems fine so I don't think it is a fuse issue.

RKE Fob Programming Issue

Try disabling the autolamp feature prior to cycling the key. I had the same issue on a 98 Explorer. Wouldn't go into programming mode regardless of technique. I disabled autolamp and it went right into program mode. Configured three fobs and all work good.

Cycle the key on to off 10 times and then press any button on the remote and see if that works.

key fob prob

do you have problems with the door ajar warning coming on? If so scroll down your dash illumination wheel until it clicks off and then it'll work

Back