cant get the lights to work...HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cant get the lights to work...HELP

bonnich

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 1500 HEMI SLT
My head lights don?t come on any more. The day runners come on and the amber corners come on but the head lights do not. When I pull the hi beam lever back the hi beams come on but when I push it forward the don?t. ive replaced the switch and checked the fuse but still nothing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had the same problem and it turned out both bulbs were out but the hibeams did still work.

Have you checked the aux fuse box nos 4 & 8 and of course the lamps! also check nos 33 & 34 in the aux fuse box side of dash?

the fog lights dont come on at all now and the bulbs are new

Originally posted by Howard
Have you checked the aux fuse box nos 4 & 8 and of course the lamps! also check nos 33 & 34 in the aux fuse box side of dash?

i have checked all the fuses in the fuse box i dont know where the aux fuse box . and what does nos stand for?

Aux fuse box location: Open drivers door ( may be passenger on LHD) see small panel in side of dask pull off and voila.
nos is UK for # in us
ok.

then i have checked all the fuses. still nothing. i think i gonna replace the turn signal and hibeam leaver and see if that works

Lights?

I had to change the in dash light switch on my 92 Ranger. I believe it had similar symptoms and is probably cheaper than the signal assembly. I want to say under $20 from Autozone. rc

There is also a headlight relay somewhere in the front of the vehicle (I don't have my book handy so I can't say where), and there is another fuse under the hood. There is a fuse box on the driver's side of the truck between the fender and the brake booster. Pull your owners manual out and check it to see which one covers the lights.

Back