• Register Today It's free!

Can't turn the AC off

Ellocovg

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Danger Ranger XLT
So before I feel stupid at my Friday appt has anybody experienced this? I searched and couldn't find anything on this issue. I can set the fan down to 1 or low but it won't let me completely shut it off. All buttons work ac, max ac, different output setting, defrost, exc exc but the power button stays orange. I also tried to turn it off thru the hvac screen on the head unit but that didn't work either. It's been like that for about a week now, am I missing something simple here? Only thing I think of is disconnecting the (-) and try to reboot the elec system but I rather them diagnose it first becauce with my luck next time the faulty ac control Will be stuck on off with 100 degree weather as I'm driving an hour to work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Automatic Climate Control - Vehicles With: Premium AM/FM/CD
E193399_EUR.JPG

A
empty.gif
Power: Press to switch the system on and off. When the system is off, it prevents outside air from entering the vehicle.

Yeah power button is A it doesn't do anything when you press it just stays on (orange) same thing if I try to shut it off thru the head unit

It may be a Interface concern. The button in the dash switch module is probably stuck. Find a competent Ford Senior Master Tech to connect his IDS unit to test the button functionality of the Interface switchplate.

Basically they reset the system unplugging the battery for a half hour it says it right on the ticket. They also claimed they fixed a loose pin in the harness which is probably bs but a billable warranty hour to ford.

First order of business Ellocovg; does it work as expected now? You may have hit the proverbial nail on the head here in this repair. However sometimes these modules with all the network issues will do some weird things. I am not defending them but if it does work at least progress has been made. Continue to monitor results

Yeah good as new, I thought of doing the same thing they did just disconnecting the battery and reseting the battery but there's a ford dealer literally one minute from the job site so I just dropped it off at break time and picked it up at lunch time.

Yeah good as new, I thought of doing the same thing they did just disconnecting the battery and reseting the battery but there's a ford dealer literally one minute from the job site so I just dropped it off at break time and picked it up at lunch time.
Good to know! Today's electrical systems have gotten very sophisticated to the point that sometimes they must be rebooted after a long shut down. Multiplexed network communications are getting to be the norma on todays vehicles

I've been cruising along waiting for at least one issue. I didn't really think Ford could fix all of the technology issues. Don't know if this is a Sync/MFT issue or an HVAC issue.

Yesterday morning, I had the windows down and wanted to shut off the HVAC totally. Hit the button and - no change. It merrily continued to run the air conditioning. Tried the screen control. No change. It made the "ding" noise to acknowledge the touch on the screen, but didn't do anything.

Drove the Explorer 3 more times during the day for short trips. Finally yesterday evening it would let me shut it off, and then turn back on.

I was planning to pull the battery cable last night to reset the whole thing, but for some strange reason it started working again. Probably the same strange reason it quit working.

Oh well - not losing my head over this. When I bought the 16 I knew I wasn't getting a total system rebuild and told myself I'd just live with the faults.

Back