• Register Today It's free!

...can't you smell that smell

ercole

Reaction score
City, State
Verona, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Well, the weather is turning crisp here in flooded north Jersey and there's no longer any need for the AC. I've noticed at times an odor coming from the vents. It does not happen all the time. But every once in a while, it smells like something is burning, like rubber or plastic, and other times, nothing. I can't say it's that "new car" smell. I actually still have the new car odor since February's purchase.

Inside temp set for 70 degrees, circulation is set for outside (not re-circulated). Putting on the AC makes it go away. I have not put the heater on yet for this test. Maybe this goes away with use and time?

Just curious if anyone has experienced this. 2011 X 6k miles. It's not bothering me enough to run to the dealer, but if someone experienced it and it was a problem, maybe I'd better go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe it's that Jersey air ? hehe j/k

maybe it's that Jersey air ? hehe j/k

Like anybody from Houston has any room to speak! :D

At least the fires are out and no more smoke.

Happy driving from a fellow Springer/Springian/Springese/Springonian/Springite/Springolino

I have the burning smell as well. Took to the dealer twice and they can't find anything wrong. I have XLT 4X4 with 12K. Typically happens when you go past 3,000 RPMs I noticed. Hopefully my car doesn't catch on fire!!!!

...I've noticed at times an odor coming from the vents. It does not happen all the time...
I have the burning smell as well. Took to the dealer twice and they can't find anything wrong...
ercole & laz137,
I’m happy to help with the smell you’re having by setting up a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to that, please send me a PM with your contact information, VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer info. They’ll do everything they can to help.

Cory

Back