Cape Cod Beach Run: August 27th and 28th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cape Cod Beach Run: August 27th and 28th

Fordexplorer157 said:
The 6 Hour trip or so will be worth it! I am takeing my Rig Semi Off Road.

re you serios about dribing 6 hours to go off road..

so far and this goes back to when i was 18 in the late 80's
the furthest i went to go wheeling was an hour at the most..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To understand this woodchuck is to understand that most woodchucks rarely come out of their hole. :D

Any steel hooks would do. Do a search on "tow hooks" and you'll find all sorts of topics. If you have a receiver hitch, you can get a D-ring or even more hooks for that. I don't have a receiver hitch or hooks myself, but I don't get stuck, either. :p

this??

Attachments

• lift rear new.jpg
    lift rear new.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 198

Depends where it's mounted...if it's to the frame or anything that'll support a ton or 2, you're good to go.

izackary said:
To understand this woodchuck is to understand that most woodchucks rarely come out of their hole. :D

Hey, Ike

Please clarify that comment for me......what the hell do woodchucks have to do with four wheeling? I'm kinda confused :confused:

Even if I want to come, I'm scheduled to be in my church's sound booth on the 28th.....that bites :(

Woodchuck = Proud Backwoods Vermonter (borderline hick) = Matt. :thumbsup:

Matthew the Cable Guy....

GIT 'R DONNNNE!!!!

You know yer a red neck when yer cable guy goes 4 wheelin' :)

WHEEL THE ADELPHIA VAN!!!! :thumbsup:

Q: What's the best offroad vehicle?

A: Not your vehicle :)

izackary said:
Woodchuck = Proud Backwoods Vermonter (borderline hick) = Matt. :thumbsup:

Hey, I wouldn't consider Matt a hick, he's more citified than you are ;), anyway I think all of you (that includes you, Aaron & John). are some of the nicest and friendliest people I've met in a long time. Around my part people aren't as friendly which goes against everything I am. Another reason, why I'm planning on moving to Vermont in a couple of years, besides the main reason that the cost of living is cheaper.

Here's a great example: I have one more week of vacation coming and I plan to go back up to Vermont the day after Christmas for one week along with my 12 year old (I need to let her see what a Vermont winter is like, since she will be moving with me). I looked into renting a 4-wheel drive for the drive up, and for an Explorer it's $349.95 for the week I need it for, now when you add in the fees and taxes, I'm looking at $575.00. Now that same Explorer, if I wait until I get up to Vermont and rent it there, will be the same price, but the fees and taxes will only be $25.00. Besides traveling up by train is nice.

Hey Ike, I know Saera's 18th birthday is coming up, and I'd like to send her a card.....a girl's 18th birthday only comes once. Do you think she'd mind if you gave me her address, so I can send it?

SoBeLover said:

....anyway I think all of you (that includes you, Aaron & John). are some of the nicest and friendliest people I've met in a long time.

Thanks Sandy :)

Hopefully we'll be able to hang out soon.

I'll PM you, Sandy. She'll really appreciate the gesture. And by the way, I care not that Matt would rather drop his "car" and put it on dubs as opposed to me preferring to lift the sucker. :D I'll outredneck anyone from this crew (except Saera, of course. :p)

I just realized...saltwater fishing requires tackle I don't have. I can try and locate some for cheap, but in case I don't, who's up for an attempt at catching our dinner? :D

izackary said:
I'll PM you, Sandy. She'll really appreciate the gesture. And by the way, I care not that Matt would rather drop his "car" and put it on dubs as opposed to me preferring to lift the sucker. :D I'll outredneck anyone from this crew (except Saera, of course. :p)

I can just imagine Matt lifting his truck :D, he tends to play things safe from what I got to know about him when I was with you guys, and I may be wrong.......but it's no damn fun to always play things safe :p , and I just recently learned that lesson. It took me alot out of my safe zone to dare to go up to Essex Junction, something I would have never done if you hadn't talked me into finding another way to get to Vermont

Hey Matt, still waiting to hear from you regarding the website

Your website idea sounds good, I forgot to reply.

Aaron I need your address. I plan on driveing down Friday morning with my friend. At least as far as I know. I am going to get a huge tent so all 3 of us can stay together. I still need to pick up the supplies to get a permit

Ok, I have all the required safety equipment except for a shovel and Jack Support Board: Wood: 10" x 12" x 11/2" or Plywood: 10" x 12" x 3/4"

Fordexplorer157 said:
Ok, I have all the required safety equipment except for a shovel and Jack Support Board: Wood: 10" x 12" x 11/2" or Plywood: 10" x 12" x 3/4"
Hey Matt, If you don't have a shovel you can pick one up here for cheap $ Approved CCNS Shovel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LMAO! Damn I should buy a bunch of them and hand them out to everyone who forgot one! So John are you even comeing?

DeRocha said:
Hey Matt, If you don't have a shovel you can pick one up here for cheap $ Approved CCNS Shovel

Back