Cape Cod Beach Run: August 27th and 28th | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cape Cod Beach Run: August 27th and 28th

SoBeLover said:

Nice pics I like the video too. Looks like you guys had a great time.........and I'm still bummed I couldn't come. :mad: Did you guys catch any fish?

The only fish we caught was at the restaurant :D We went into P-Town and had dinner in the marina right on the water. The food was very good and Matt could only eat 1/2 of his fisherman's platter.

There were lots of people fishing on the beach, but you need special tackle and equipment. I didn't personnaly see anyone catch anything, but back at the air station a couple of jeeps drove by asking if anyone wanted any blue fish.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, we got alot of food for 20 bucks. That fried seafood platter was excellent. On sunday a bunch of bluefish were out and seaguls were surrounding them. A Guy went out in a Kyack and just droped his pole bairly in the water and got one. I have pics of it also. But I cant figure out my FTP.

DeRocha said:
The only fish we caught was at the restaurant :D We went into P-Town and had dinner in the marina right on the water. The food was very good and Matt could only eat 1/2 of his fisherman's platter.

There were lots of people fishing on the beach, but you need special tackle and equipment. I didn't personnaly see anyone catch anything, but back at the air station a couple of jeeps drove by asking if anyone wanted any blue fish.

Werd. It was a feeding frenzy, care of the baitfish. There were hundreds washed up from being chased into shallow water at the end of high tide. They were laying in the sand for dozens of yards, about 2-3 feet deep. Like Matt said, the seagulls were diving at them, and the bluefish were leaping out of the water to get some. Even a seal or 2 joined in. I wouldn't be surprised if a shark or 2 came over to go after seal or bluefish. I read that in another month, all the stripers will be migrating south to warmer waters and swimming right by the shores of the cape. Unfortunately there was one possible sighting of some large fish which could have been a striper darting in the shallow water, but no one saw anything else but blues.

izackary said:
BTW: How many are up for the FTR meet n greet at the Funway Cafe in Foxboro Sunday at 7?

Hey Isaac, did you go to the meet?

Sure did. Cool bunch of guys, some with their wives. Definately looking forward to hanging out with them again. In fact, there's a bbq scheduled for this Labor Day monday. Go to Freedom Trail Riders, go to the forum, and find events. Inside is a thread for the bbq. I plan on going unless I'm needed in Manchester to help get Ezra moved into college.

17867my_x.jpg

17867ocean.jpg

17867issacsxploder.jpg

17867GroupRigShot.jpg

Here is where John picks up a log that I towed over to sit on and drops it on his foot.

17867johnsinjury.jpg

17867johnsinjury2.jpg

17867issac.jpg

17867issac3.jpg

17867groupfire.jpg

17867grouphangin.jpg

Here is the Honda CRV we saw get stuck. Hahahah

17867CRVstuck.jpg

17867flag.jpg

17867headon.jpg

17867meikelighthouse.jpg

17867downhill.jpg

17867uphill.jpg

17867Posterpic.jpg

Rangers Truck. Boy they were jerks...

17867Ranger.jpg

17867GroupRigShot.jpg

17867medriveing.jpg

17867flexing.jpg

Picture of Aarons Camp

17867aaronscamp.jpg

17867ikeflexing.jpg

those are huge...

That's what sheee saiiid. :cool: Dave, your '02 would have done just fine. I did however find 2 instances that said "4- or All-Wheel-Drive Vehicles" on the Race Point Beach site.

These are some great pics.......many thanks to Dan for the great job taking such wonderful pics

Ditto the nice pics :thumbsup: I really like the one of Matt and the white Range rover in the background :cool: Did the rangers give anyone a hard time on Sunday or did all the issues happen on Saturday?

izackary said:
That's what sheee saiiid. :cool: Dave, your '02 would have done just fine. I did however find 2 instances that said "4- or All-Wheel-Drive Vehicles" on the Race Point Beach site.

That is very nice to hear,Thanks.

Nah, they did not hassle us. He went and got new permits and told them to get employees with brains. :D

DeRocha said:
Ditto the nice pics :thumbsup: I really like the one of Matt and the white Range rover in the background :cool: Did the rangers give anyone a hard time on Sunday or did all the issues happen on Saturday?

Fordexplorer157 said:
Nah, they did not hassle us. He went and got new permits and told them to get employees with brains. :D

LOL :D

Picture time....
This pic was taken from the visitor center observatory; Meagan, Bryanna and the Beach in the distance. The road in upper left leads to the airport and the Ranger station. The 2 buildings at the very top of the road are (an outbuild on the left) and the ranger station on the right where you get you permit.
18205Cape_cod_12_WEB-med.jpg

Here is where we meet up with members of NEOW and setup our Explorer & Mounty comune.
18205Cape_cod_3_WEB-med.jpg

Matts Explorer, Aaron's Mounty, and my SkyJacked X.
18205Cape_cod_1_WEB-med.jpg

Here are some of the NEOW guys & girls. The beach is pet friendly and you can bring you dog, but must obviously clean up after him..
18205Cape_cod_7_WEB-med.jpg

Dan, Nancy, Isaac, Matt, and Aaron getting ready for some tailgate action.(L->R)
18205Cape_cod_6_WEB-med.jpg

Add Bryanna and Meagan...
18205Cape_cod_5_WEB-med.jpg

18205Cape_cod_2_WEB-med.jpg

Bryanna and Meagan sitting in the dune
18205Cape_cod_10_WEB-med.jpg

Nancy getting ready to sample the water...
18205Cape_cod_9_WEB-med.jpg

This pic was taken from our beach location looking toward the end of the beach.
18205Cape_cod_4_WEB-med.jpg

Ok more pictures.
We all went into P-town for some food and fun.. Its hard to see but the guys are waving from their waterfront view at the restaurant.
18205Cape_cod_14_WEB-med.jpg

Matt and Aaron..
18205Cape_cod_16_WEB-med.jpg

Isaac and Matt digging into some great seafood..
18205Cape_cod_15_WEB-med.jpg

The view from the restaurant & pier area.
18205Cape_cod_17_WEB-med.jpg

After dinner we went into town to do some shopping and people watching.
18205Cape_cod_19_WEB-med.jpg

All throughout the day everyone kept telling Matt we would take him into town to try on some assless chaps.. He had never been to P-town and thought we were making it up.. So the pic below is of Aaron modeling some chaps for Matt... BTW Aaron correctly pointed out that all chaps are in fact assless.
18205Cape_cod_18_WEB-med.jpg
]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a video I forgot to post. Its from my friend and I driveing back to Vermont. We wanted to drive through Boston. It cut an hour off our time! Probably because we left around 10 pm. Well we did a little film of us driveing through the subway. Enjoy

Click here to watch subway10

Back