Car Seat Anchor/Cleat for 2000 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Car Seat Anchor/Cleat for 2000 Explorer

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
Has anyone installed a child car seat anchor (or cleat) into a Gen II Explorer? If so, where did you purchase it? based on what I see on-line it's just a bolt with a bracket piece attached to it, that a strap on the car seat attaches to. I'm wondering if one of the rear cargo area tie-downs would suffice? Perhaps they're not strong enough, but maybe I could at least use the existing hole in the cargo floor.

They do make one. It is a Ford product I purchased from the dealer. I had to put one in my 99 XLT. It is basically a bracket that is bolted down to the middle of the cargo floor. You need to remove the spare to gain access under the cargo floor to properly install it.
I put this in back in 2000. This would only work for the rear middle seat. When we had another child, I had to put the car seats at each end of the rear seat, and I was able to use the cargo hold downs. I don't know if they were built for that purpose, but it worked for me.

They do make one. It is a Ford product I purchased from the dealer. I had to put one in my 99 XLT. It is basically a bracket that is bolted down to the middle of the cargo floor. You need to remove the spare to gain access under the cargo floor to properly install it.
I put this in back in 2000. This would only work for the rear middle seat. When we had another child, I had to put the car seats at each end of the rear seat, and I was able to use the cargo hold downs. I don't know if they were built for that purpose, but it worked for me.

thanks. i'll check it out.

Back