Car sickness in my 2016 ford explorer platinum (everyone except driver) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Car sickness in my 2016 ford explorer platinum (everyone except driver)

I traded in my 2013 xlt explorer and got a 2016 platinum. Everyone has been getting car sickness is

• ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ok

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

mets23

Reaction score
City, State
Anaheim, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
16ford explorerplatinum
I traded in my 2013 xlt explorer and got a 2016 platinum. Everyone has been getting car sickness is my platinum except me the driver. Nobody got car sick in my 2013. I have noticed the 2016 rides a lot rougher then the 2013. I disabled the lane assist and it did not help. I just moved from Glendale to Anaheim. So I have not taken it in to a dealer yet. Is it possible that because the 2016 is 4 wheel drive is why it is a rougher ride?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Not sure why the poll is required. I'm guessing it is about the car sickness and not the suspension.
I have not read any posts about car sickness being caused by any 5th generation model year. As for the suspension, I'm not sure but I'm guessing it is the same whether it is FWD or AWD. I just came from a Lincoln MKT in which I had the suspension set on "COMFORT" and find I prefer the suspension of the '17 Platinum. Lane Assist has nothing to do with the suspension or ride. Do you notice any exhaust smell in the cabin?

Peter

The vehicle has absolutely nothing to do with occupants getting sick, there's something else going on here.

A 2016 Platinum ride is much improved over a 2013 XLT.

Blaming the vehicle is a bit of a stretch.

No smell in the vehicle. I can tell you that the 2013 rode smoother. I am taking the vehicle to the dealership because of a noise in the right front motor. I am going to mention it to them and see what they say. Thanks for your responses.

Maybe you have the road surface selector set on "snow/offroad, or "sand" mode.

Maybe you have the road surface selector set on "snow/offroad, or "sand" mode.
Good suggestion, but the Terrain Management System doesn't affect the ride. Just the way the various electronic controls affect the power to the wheels.

Peter

If you take it to a dealer I would have them check it for a exhaust leak. If you want to try something yourself just get a carbon monoxide tester at a hardware store and put it in the vehicle and go take a drive and see what happens.

Maybe you are a crazy driver then, with a new 365 hp engine? :)

Some people have complained about flat spots on the tires causing weird vibration. But doesn't sound like your problem. I used to live in LA and the quality of the freeways varied a great deal depending on locale. Especially those areas that have the intentionally ridgy pavement that makes a strange sound whenever you drive on it, and probably eats tires.

Any update on the Explorer Platinum that causes car sickness?

If you live near Anaheim Hills, my wife gets car sick when I drive through that area. I have an 08 Eddie Bauer. I wonder if it's all the "stop and go" driving causing the car sickness. However, Glendale certainly isn't traffic free.

Back