Car vibration 2013 Limited (mud/snow issue) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Car vibration 2013 Limited (mud/snow issue)

MrsBabs

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Anyone one else feel that the vehicle is super sensitive to snow/mud in the tires? I live down a gravel/mud road and it seems that this vehicle gets a big vibration when snow or mud gets in the tires Never had that that with my previous car, a 2005 Escape XLT. Snow wasn't so bad, it would eventually melt, mud on the other hand, requires a bit more attention. Just noticed today after husband washed it so I could go to town and someone not use to driving gravels refused to move over and I had to go to the soft "shoulder" and had a vibration the rest of the day. Still love the vehicle though

My 2013 Limited does the same thing. I've had it about 4 months and have only driven it in snow. It doesn't take much for these 20 inch rims to go off balance, I use a plastic rod to knock off the snow in between the rim spokes. I'm not looking forward to muddy conditions this spring.

Anyone one else feel that the vehicle is super sensitive to snow/mud in the tires? I live down a gravel/mud road and it seems that this vehicle gets a big vibration when snow or mud gets in the tires Never had that that with my previous car, a 2005 Escape XLT. Snow wasn't so bad, it would eventually melt, mud on the other hand, requires a bit more attention. Just noticed today after husband washed it so I could go to town and someone not use to driving gravels refused to move over and I had to go to the soft "shoulder" and had a vibration the rest of the day. Still love the vehicle though
Like Mikepaul, I also clean the snow off the wheels after going through the deep stuff. If not, there is a good chance it will throw your wheel balance off. It is quite common. I had the same problem with the 3 Highlanders I previously had.

Peter

Back