Car will not detect itself being in park? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Car will not detect itself being in park?

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Hey guys, I've been having this problem where whenever I try to play video via iPod/AVI plugs, the video won't play. It keeps saying the video will resume when the car is in park but the car is in park/not even started the car yet. ETC. Does anyone know what might cause this? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys, I've been having this problem where whenever I try to play video via iPod/AVI plugs, the video won't play. It keeps saying the video will resume when the car is in park but the car is in park/not even started the car yet. ETC. Does anyone know what might cause this? Thanks!

it's possible they are using the parking brake lead? I haven't tested this, but try with the parking brake on?

I’m sorry you haven’t been able to enjoy the video function in your Explorer, and I would like to offer my assistance. So I can do this, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory

I’m sorry you haven’t been able to enjoy the video function in your Explorer, and I would like to offer my assistance. So I can do this, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory

Cory, there are valid uses for A/V viewing while in motion (using an external navigation system, etc). Why is this not allowed on MFT? The system is very limiting, and frustrating.

Sorry for hijacking a thread, but the comment was at least related :)

Back