• Register Today It's free!

Cargo Cover Fix

jjs461

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Anyone try to install the cargo cover. I'm not an automotive engineer but instead of the 2 hooks per side that have to be forced between the plastic trim and the window to secure the cover perhaps a strip of heavy duty velcro could have been used. I will attempt this fix in the near future and hopefuly someone from ford should take notice and redesign the cover's anchoring system. The strange thing is that they use velcro around the 3rd row seat belts. Now to find black heavy duty velcro.

Gave Up

I just gave up on this. I know it's not the answer you are looking for, but I found it a lot easier to just remove the 3rd row seat and put in a deck. I gained a lot of hidden storage under the desk where the 3rd row used to be when folded for storage.

Anyone try to install the cargo cover. I'm not an automotive engineer but instead of the 2 hooks per side that have to be forced between the plastic trim and the window to secure the cover perhaps a strip of heavy duty velcro could have been used.

Is that really where the hooks go? I didn't bother to use them, couldn't figure it out...:(

Back