cargo dimensions for 2nd gen Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cargo dimensions for 2nd gen Sport

dennit469

Reaction score
City, State
aiken, sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport 4.0L v6 SOHC
mine is in the shop for repaires, the sohc v6 failed me, ends up its one of the rear timing chains, and btw theres 4, 2 in front and 2 in back, anyways i need some cargo(back where no seats are) dimensions cause i wanna build a sub box and have it ready when i get the car back, if someone would be so kind as to take some measurements for me that would be fantastic, i need dimensions as follows:

-from headrest of rear seat straight down to floor
-from headrest of rear seat to rear hatch/door
-in between the 2 wheel wells

thanks to whoever will do this, remember this is a 2 door SPORT 98 but 97-01 will work

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Somewhere there is a diagram of this will all the measurements, but I think it's all for a 4 door. 1st and 2nd gen should be the same on this.;)

well idk what a second gen is, i deffinately said "98 but 97-01 will work" it got changed? not by me... anyway yea there for 4 doors.... help me pleaseeee

bump

1991-2004 Sports have the same rear cargo size.

FYI, the SOHC has one cam chain in the back(right head), one on the front(left head), and one chain to the crank. 4WD's also have a balance shaft chain in front.

I'll try an get some rough measurements for you tomorrow if its not raining. I have a '98 sport also.

*also there are 4 timing chains if you have the 4x4 engine with the balance shaft. there are 3 in the front (jackshaft to crank chain, balance shaft chain, and driver side cam to jack shaft chain) the rear is the passenger side cam to jackshaft chain.

**don beat me to the timing chain correction, lol

also might want to check out the first pic in the link. its suppose to be for a 2 dr.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101485&highlight=cargo+measurement

alright well if you do it like first thing in the morning ill drop you like 3 dollars on paypal for the inconvenience

oh, i didnt see the link, thanks, thats all i needed

-from headrest of rear seat straight down to floor
--from top to head rest to floor--20 1/2"
--from bottom of head rest to floor--16"
--from top of hump beside the headrest to floor--17 1/2"

-from headrest of rear seat to rear hatch/door 31 1/2"

-in between the 2 wheel wells-- 41 1/2 "

sry couldn't get it sooner, but the i keep getting a timeout message when i tried to log on. hope this helps :thumbsup:

Back