Carlovers Desert Beater Build | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carlovers Desert Beater Build

Well im starting to source parts and gather up some good stuff. I figured id start a thread just to show everyone that the ideas are. Should be a pretty fun setup when done. Everything will be being built by Brandon at BTF Fab.

The rear will be a 4 link with a panhard bar and cantilever coilovers. Shooting for around 20" of rear travel. Full size van 9", and should be around 3.5" wider per side than stock

Front will be a BTF front setup more than likely with a fully fabbed spindle with d44 hubs and uniball upper and lowers. Should pull around 16-17" of travel. Will be around 5" wider a side than stock.

It will be a fairly slow build due to finances. It will be built in stages obviously and should take around 12-16 months to be fully complete.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

thank for the compliments guys. its not mounted yet, just kinda centered and layed on top. i like the style of it for sure. the next round of fab work will be taking care of alot of the cosmetics so it should all start to come together.

And offer more rides too. :)

some progress

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMG958464.jpg

Nice! Have you dealt with the rear end issues yet?

Is there a possible way you could double shear the snouts?

I like it! I was also thinking about ways of building a tire carrier that could still survive being nerfed, of course mine wouldn't see the kind of abuse yours would. Looks like it's low enough for the hatch to still open? :thumbsup:

the hatch is gutted for the most part. There was no way to keep it opening like normal. It will be secured with hood pins and dzus tabs so it will come off. there is still alot of bracing tubes going to be added, its going to serve as extra strength so the rear doesnt bend again.

...looking good..:biggthump

..Is your X going to be running around half naked at Truckhaven or are you going to slap some glass on her and dress her up?

Back