carpet/headliner replacement ?s

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
anybody done this? i did a search and found that headlinerkit.com has molded replacement carpet for 150 and a headliner kit for 50. I think it would be really nice to continue the two tone black and green theme i've started in my interior. I know that i'll have to remove a whole bunch of stuff and be really careful, but i'm thinking i will be able to get a really good finished product. am i right? is this something i can handle over a weekend? let me know your experiences.

heres a pic of my interior, how much better would it look with black headliner and carpet

Attachments

• generalinteriow.jpg
    generalinteriow.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 292

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got the go ahead to order these myself from my grandpa (they will be my christmas present from him. lol) so now i need answers! and advice! i'm excited about them

Black headliner / stock carpet. Paint the trim on the inside next to the windows black as well... my 2 cents

Ohhh... and for sure it'll be a pain in the royal arse but the I'm sure you'll figure it out. Just be ready to replace all the clips you'll break when taking off the trim inside - easy to buy at Ford or an auto parts store though... good luck!

um, for such a cheap price, they might not be molded too well. might be a crappy fit, or maybe its just a good deal, i dunno, just something to think about.

Hey Bro, check out 1Aauto.com they have carpet and interior stuff too. Mike

What is in the "headliner" kit? Is it actually a molded headliner?

Robb

headliner is not molded, its just the carpet stuff and glue.

as for the carpet. does anyone have experience with a manufacturer of molded replacement kits? i don't want to buy a crappy one, its just that all the places i've found them charge 150. are there other better places that cost more? help me out here. all i did to find the two places i've found was search here and those were the links i found. (with really no other instructions or help that i could find)

anyone know what all the clips are? so i can get some before i do it? which type are used up there?

Back