• Register Today It's free!

carpet

romag14

Reaction score
City, State
chicago il
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
i really wanna recarpet my interior and put up a new headliner, both black, stock gray. whats the stock carpet and headliner held down with? what would be involved in doing this, besides of course pulling out the seats and center console?

seems to me like mine is just laying there for the most part, i imagine seats are bolted through carpet, armrest etc. but most of what is in mine can be just pulled out

you may have to remove a few trim pieces also.

I have had my interior out before and it really isn't that bad to get all the seats out and what not.

you just want a color change? you should really try and find molded carpet to use as a replacement. the transmission hump and different bends in the floor will come into play.

the head board is also gonna have some trim pieces to remove, to get it out. that should be a little easier to replace though, as long as the board is good.

to do both you are pretty much looking at removing everything except the dash. its not hard at all just takes a little time to get it out, do what you want, and get it back in.

I would recomend cleaning everything when you have it out. can really scrub it down outside the vehicle.

Back