• Register Today It's free!

CarPlay Stock Nav

Pitt1717

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 XSport
So I am enjoying car play with 1 exception. I don't want to use apple maps. Not because I don't like it etc but trying to avoid using data unnecessarily. But once you enable CarPlay, the only nav option is apple maps. Apple or Ford needs to add options to what is turned on. Anyone else agree or does anyone have a work around?

Haven't figured one out yet, no. I like that I can use Google maps as opposed to the regular nav as Google seems to be fairly good at updating road conditions, etc. But, like you, wish there was a choice. When I'm tooling around the local area nav is fine, but taking a long trip I might prefer to use Google.

So I am enjoying car play with 1 exception. I don't want to use apple maps. Not because I don't like it etc but trying to avoid using data unnecessarily. But once you enable CarPlay, the only nav option is apple maps. Apple or Ford needs to add options to what is turned on. Anyone else agree or does anyone have a work around?

I agree, it would be nice to have the option for which map service you use. That being said, Apple Maps seems much nicer than the navigation that comes with it. Haven't had much chance to really play with it though.

Apple Maps only uses a few MB an hour, so not really a huge data suck if that's your primary concern.

Back