Carr Light Bar Gutterless Mount Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carr Light Bar Gutterless Mount Kit

Can anybody who has a Carr Light Bar tell me how they mounted it to their X? I found that you need the gutterless mount kit to install the bar, but how exactly does the mount kit work? What has to be drilled? and generally, what has to be done to get the mount kit to work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems you maybe should email Carr w/questions. Bet they answer quick.
Personally, IDK

Let us know what they say as it may help others.

Seems you maybe should email Carr w/questions. Bet they answer quick.
Personally, IDK

Let us know what they say as it may help others.

Yeah i guess going to Carr would have been smart, my bad lol. But yeah, I found out from them that the gutterless mount kit gets drilled into like, the door frame, and not the roof. it seems like a pretty easy install. Im gonna be buying it this week, and when i install it ill post a how to thread with pics and stuff.

All right Nick. Thanks for the info and looking forward to pics ect.

hey i know this is an old post but any update on the carr light bar i just ordered mine today ill have tomorow i wanted to know how youre install went i got the rota -bar with the gutterless mount kit im in the philadelphia area as well the only ex-sport with lambo doors around lol

hey i know this is an old post but any update on the carr light bar i just ordered mine today ill have tomorow i wanted to know how youre install went i got the rota -bar with the gutterless mount kit im in the philadelphia area as well the only ex-sport with lambo doors around lol

I actually ended up not getting the light bar because I couldn't afford it, came across rough times. But I would love to hear how your install goes; if possible, think you could post pics and/or meet up somewhere, would love to see the sport with lambo doors and light bar lol (since were both in Philly anyway).

yeh ill post some pics and wouldnt mind meeting up sometime as far as the doors theyre coming off soon im going a different route with my truck gonna lift it just waiting on someone to make an offer on the hinges lol
i got my light bar from rapco on hunting park ave amazon has it way cheaperf but i need my stuff right away i hate to wait

heres some pics of my light bar installation was a snap with their gutterless mount kit i installed their rota bar so i could fold it down if need be the lights are something i had laying around im saving up for 2 sets of the kc h.i.d lights

Attachments

• new 001.JPG
    new 001.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,291
  • new 002.JPG
    new 002.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 1,328
  • new 003.JPG
    new 003.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,259
  • new 004.JPG
    new 004.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,306

more pics

Attachments

• new 008.JPG
    new 008.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,307
  • new 007.JPG
    new 007.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,254
  • new 006.JPG
    new 006.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,309
  • new 005.JPG
    new 005.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 1,684

last 2 last one is my new h.i.d setup

Attachments

• new 009.JPG
    new 009.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,428
  • new 010.JPG
    new 010.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,325

that looks nice as ****. Where exactly does the gutterless screw into? Does it leak?

you have to drill a few holes in the truck where the door weatherstripping goes i put some silicone in the holes and on the screws before tightening down no leaks at all

im currently installing a train horn lol ill put up pics of the install soon

my 4 day old light bar is now for sale in the parts section

it is just 4 s-type screws or steet metal screws and it dont leak at all hope this helps
l_8610f126bf4043769cb8a8daa7d8766c.png
hope this helps

Back