• Register Today It's free!

Cassette Adapter for 95 Explorer

braket

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
I am trying to hookup Xm radio with the Delphi Skyfi unit, I put in the cassette adapter in the tapedeck and it pops back out after a few seconds. Is anybody aware of a way to override this? I have heard that the unit is rejecting the cassette adapter because there is no tape on it, this must be the case on newer vehicles with tape decks. But I heard people using Sony adapters, are these different. It doesn't say anything in the owners manual. Any help would be appreciated.

sounds as if the factory unit is rejecting it figuring it isnt a tape.... try to put a signal through it and see if it will accept it....

i have the same problem with my 95. i put the tape in all hooked up to my cd player and it reads side one, plays for a couple seconds, then flips to side 2 without playing anything then it does this one more time untill after a total of about 10 seconds ejects. being that my explorer is a 95 and has the luxury audio system i am under the impression that is impossible to replace the hu without spending hundreds of dollars for an expert to do it because of the ford distributed architecture or some bullshit. so now here i am stuck with out a cd player when i decide to ignore all my manlyness and purchase a cd to tape converter only to have this happen! can anything in life run smoothly?

Back