• Register Today It's free!

Cassette Keeps Spitting Out!

gdogg2000

Reaction score
City, State
Temple Hills, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer
My radio just got stolen and I am installing a temporary replacement.. I have a 1996 Ford Explorer and the radio is for a 1997.. will that little difference cause the cassette player to keep spitting out all tapes? I am using the cassette to cd hook up.. and when I put the electronic cassette in, I can hear the cd play for a second then it spits it out.. whats up with that?? :rolleyes:

If I have interpreted your post correctly, you are not saying the unit spits out ALL tapes - you are saying it spits out a Cassette Adapter Tape that allows you play CD's through a cassette.

Many Ford radios have a problem working with the Cassette-style CD Adapter. The Ford radio has a "tape-tightening" routine built into it's software - the purpose is to tighten the tape slightly when it is inserted to help prevent tape jams. The reels on a Cassette-style CD Adapter spin freely, making your Ford radio think you have inserted a broken tape - so, it ejects it.

Some models of radios, and some models of adapters were not as prone to do this, but we were unable to find any that consistently worked.

regards,
cobrajeff

Dont you just hate it when the ***** spits it out! ;)

nah it spits out all tapes.. even regular ones..

Originally posted by cobrajeff
If I have interpreted your post correctly, you are not saying the unit spits out ALL tapes - you are saying it spits out a Cassette Adapter Tape that allows you play CD's through a cassette.

Many Ford radios have a problem working with the Cassette-style CD Adapter. The Ford radio has a "tape-tightening" routine built into it's software - the purpose is to tighten the tape slightly when it is inserted to help prevent tape jams. The reels on a Cassette-style CD Adapter spin freely, making your Ford radio think you have inserted a broken tape - so, it ejects it.

Some models of radios, and some models of adapters were not as prone to do this, but we were unable to find any that consistently worked.

regards,
cobrajeff

Back