• Register Today It's free!

Caster Adjustment Bolt Broken!

rgrweaver

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I need help!! I have a 98 Explorer which has the different upper control arm on the passenger side. When I had it aligned, the head off of the caster adjustment bolt broke off. All of the dealers part numbers pull up the new style bolt which is for a different upper control arm!! The parts catalog don't even show my type of upper control arm. Can anyone tell me where I can find this part, so I don't have to buy a new upper control arm from Ford.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Salvage yard off a wrecked '98?

No Luck

Thanks for the advice. I have called every salvage yard in Louisville and surprisingly they give me the same answer - nope :( . I thought there may be some internet site. I will continue my salvage yard seach.

ask for 1 degree camber adjusters at a parts store for your truck. Most places have 2 degree ones but if your at stock height you need 1's

And I just threw mine away Monday...... Sorry.

Karl

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.

I got two if them from ford for my '98 ex. I asked for the set and they sent me two bolts and two attached washers only, just whats in the pic. I am going with a company that specializes in them. They want like $33 for one wheel. I know I paid a pretty penny for these as you can imagine but will sell them to you for much less. I am not sure how much they were but will find out if your interested.

Attachments

• Cam bolts.JPG
    Cam bolts.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 270

Thanks. The bolts pictured are not the ones I need. Those are the bolts that Ford says will fit my vehicle. However, my right side upper control arm is different and has a different style bolt. Thanks.

Back