• Register Today It's free!

Cat and Exhaust Questions

Sleprock

Reaction score
City, State
New Orleans La.
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport
I am about to do some mods to my 99 x sport. But the one I have the most questions about is the exhaust. I want to run a Y pipe to a high flow Cat to the muffler without removing the o2 sensors. Also I would like to do it all with out getting any trouble lights. Any help is appreciated and pics would be most helpful. Thanks.

I am about to do some mods to my 99 x sport. But the one I have the most questions about is the exhaust. I want to run a Y pipe to a high flow Cat to the muffler without removing the o2 sensors. Also I would like to do it all with out getting any trouble lights. Any help is appreciated and pics would be most helpful. Thanks.

The stock y-pipe and cats aren't going to be very restrictive. I went 9.67 in the 1/8th on stock cats. Your stock cat-back is your restriction. If interested I offer a MAC Catback system for your truck.

DSC01436.JPG

DSC01415.JPG

Like this? I kept the front 2 o2 sensors and the rear 2 were turned off by a tune. The Y pipe is made out of 2.5" pipe then goes into a Y then a single 2.5" pipe to the rear

DSC01424.JPG

Back