• Register Today It's free!

Catalytic Replacement Advice

Houdini

Reaction score
City, State
Allen, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
So I'm forced to replace my catalytic converters and I'd like some advice on replacements. I've been looking at Magnaflow 49406 and Walker 50545. I searched this board and haven't found much talk about the Magnaflow other that the poster didn't get a good fit.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these cat's. Advice on any other cats? Do the Magnaflow throw check engine errors?

TYIA

Either one will work. Same diff. Go with the better price. Depending on where you plan on living in the future, make sure you replace with a Cal Cat if you don't have Federal Emissions. Do any Exploreres have Federal Emissions? IDK.

So I'm forced to replace my catalytic converters and I'd like some advice on replacements. I've been looking at Magnaflow 49406 and Walker 50545. I searched this board and haven't found much talk about the Magnaflow other that the poster didn't get a good fit.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these cat's. Advice on any other cats? Do the Magnaflow throw check engine errors?

TYIA

I recently changed out a CAT on the girlfriend's Chevy Blazer. Read my thread How hard is it to replace CATALYTIC CONVERTER? then the followup thread Best price for selling your old Cat. Conv.? because it'll give you some good insight as to how tough it is to do, how to get the best price and finally how to make some money off your old CAT very easily. That was about three months ago so it's still fresh in my memory.

p.s. Both of those CAT manufacturers are VERY good so you must have done your homework. You can't go wrong with either one. Go with a direct fit is the best advise I can give you if you are doing the work yourself.

p.p.s. Perfect fit on the Magnaflow for her Chevy Blazer.

Back