• Register Today It's free!

CBII's 87 BII

CBII

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Figured I'd post here and show the old girl off a little.

VOTED WWW.BRONCOII.ORG SREET RIG OF THE MONTH DEC/05
VOTED WWW.BroncoII-Ranger.com TRUCK OF THE MONTH SEPT/06

I have an 87 BroncoII that's red inside and out. It was originally purchased by my parents back in 87 sometime. My mom parked it in 95 and it sat in the back yard for 4 years until I decided to start going to University. I officially took possession in January 1999. Here's what I started with.
252702_27.jpg

252702_28.jpg

The old 2.9L was dead and only running on 4 cylinders when I started driving it. My grandfather and I rebuilt it and it ran pretty good for many years. I had a lot of little things to fix at first like the heater motor, window washer motor, wipers, glass, and the stereo. I managed to blow up the tranny pretty good and that was also rebuilt.

I drove it pretty much the way it looked in the pics above for a few years. Since it was running good I figured it should look good as well. So my grandfather and myself did all the body work (didn't do that great of a job) and had it sprayed. This is what the result was...
252702_157.jpg

I bought myself a set of American racing rims and some BFG AT's to go with the new paint. Had to install a 2" body lift to clear the bigger tires. You can see them in the above pic. It was all looking pretty for a month and then I got into an accident and smashed the front up pretty good :grr: So I was back doing body work, but this time I painted it myself and was surpised at how easy and hard it was to get a good paint job. It's nothing to write home about but it's a lot better then some of the body shops out there.

I also had a stereo system...you know sub, amp, deck and all new speakers...yadda yadda

I added allteeza taillights, front clear signal lights and Eurolight H4 conversion headlights. As well as a piece of stainless steel across the back hatch to give it a little more strength.
252702_59.jpg

252702_75.jpg

252702_52.jpg

I installed a compustar carstarter/alarm combo. Added power doorlocks and removed the door lock pins. They where replaced with these red LED lights that flash when the alarm is set.
252702_15.jpg

My BII never had a rear cargo light so I installed one that came out of a 15 passenger chevy van.
252702_10.jpg

D35 swap with warn manual hubs
252702_198_full.jpg

Explorer front seat swap, new steering wheel and a T-handle on the shifter
252702_108.jpg

Explorer sunvisors
252702_199.jpg

Sunroof and roof rack
252702_57.jpg

Tinted the windows and added BII.ORG stickers
252702_81.jpg

I've also swapped rear axles to upgrade to 3.73 LS gears to match the front D35. Put in an add-a-leaf and a 1" lift blox. Explorer front coil springs.

Here's the remaining list of things I've done to it that fit somewhere in the above timeline.
-chrome window trim
-chrome door handles
-chrome BII horse badges
-chrome tow hooks
-new chrome grill
-new chrome bumper...bent it now I'm going to build a custom one.
-ractive cold air
-dynamax exhaust with a stainless steel tip
-Stainless steel fender flares
-new spare tire cover
-maintenance stuff
-James Duff extended radius arms
-James Duff shocks
-Winch
-Front and rear receivers
-Install my new James Duff body bushings
-James Duff sway bar bushings and axle pilot bushings
-Sway bar quick connects
-Rear coil over shocks
-31" BFG mud terrians
-coil spacers

My future mods and upgrades for my BII
-selectable front or rear locker
-Re-gear to 4.56
-Explorer sport rear seats
-heated seat pads
-power seats
-Stainless steel rocker trim
-Dual batteries
-Rear hatch with defrost and wiper
-Rock sliders
-custom bumper
-modded 4.0L and M5OD swap.

Ok a few more pics of other mods,
IMG_0024vr2.JPG

IMG_0021vr2.JPG

IMG_0006vr2.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

Thanks for reading about my BII. I'll contiune to post new mods in this thread...so stay tuned. More pics and stuff can be seen at my cardomain webpage or in my build up page over at BII.ORG.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/252702
http://broncoii.org/fordforum/index.php?showtopic=512&st=0

Here's what she looks like at the time I wrote this.
new2lift2.JPG

new2lift1.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking good, nice work!

looking sharp...have you thought of a new front bumper that incorperates the winch in it?

looking sharp...have you thought of a new front bumper that incorperates the winch in it?

Yep I sure have. In fact I'm going to start working on a new bumper in the next few weeks. I'll probably stick to a receiver since I like being able to use the winch on the front and the back.:thumbsup:

such a clean BII!

The wife bought me a CB for Christmas and I finally got around to installing it.
It's not the best location but I didn't like any of the other locations so this will do for now. Best part is the whip antenna :kewl:

CBmount.jpg

CBantenna.jpg

She also bought me Husky molded floor liners for the BII. :kewl: I love them.
I'd do a product reveiw on them however you have to be an elite or something to submit a review:rolleyes:
huskyliner1.jpg

I swear by Husky liners, the ones in my BII have been there for like 10 years. IN CO they are REQUIRED if you ask me, I have them in everything I drive.
One night we were drunk sledding up in the mountains but we forgot to bring sleds....the husly liners worked perfectly for this, so mine have a few scratches on the bottoms now :)

I swear by Husky liners, the ones in my BII have been there for like 10 years. IN CO they are REQUIRED if you ask me, I have them in everything I drive.
One night we were drunk sledding up in the mountains but we forgot to bring sleds....the husly liners worked perfectly for this, so mine have a few scratches on the bottoms now :)

Ya me 2. I just got the ones for the BII for Christmas and love them.

I also have the large rear cargo liner for the wifes X. I would get the front ones except that they only list TAN for the first gen Xploders???? Weird:confused: I'm not sure why that is. I do know that I don't want tan floor mats with a red interior.:rolleyes:

Next project will HID's and a new bumper. Oh and 4.56 gears ;)

:mad: My dang digi cam is having issues(sent it back on a re-call) so I can't take pics of the new bumper I've been working on.

Update time:D

Ok like I mentioned before I was working on a new front bumper. It's now more or less finished and installed. I have plans for a skid plate and maybe a light hoop later on.

Here what I started with...
bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

Added an extra peice and painted it.
nbump2.jpg

RGbump.jpg

finbump_2.jpg

Also installed the HID kit. Needless to say I can finaly see farther then 20 feet in front of the BII now.
HIDkit.jpg

H4Lights.jpg

HID_1.jpg

Enjoy:salute:

hell yeah HID BII

Did you retro fit the HID's into those housings? Any pics of that?
Nice bumper BTW for sure!!

thats an awesome bumper, and the HID's are pretty slick too.

hell yeah HID BII

Did you retro fit the HID's into those housings? Any pics of that?
Nice bumper BTW for sure!!

410....the new lenses (pic of them was posted) is the exact same as our seam beams except that there is a hole in the back to except the bulb. HID kits are made for just about every kind of headlight out there. The H4 kit that I got required no modding since it's designed to fit in any H4 housing. I guess that means that the H4 conversion leanse have the standard H4 bulb mounting design.

Did that make sense?

Point is the whole set up makes our rigs like every other vehicle on the road and you don't have to remove the stupid grill to change the light.

Wow it's been awhile since I updated this. Got a few new things for the BII.

New toy for the BII...
inclinometer1.jpg

I installed the new black vinyl floor and I love it. It required a lot of trimming and pissing around to get it in there nice. I'm going to hit it with the heat gun and hopefully flattening out a few wrinkles.

I think all BII's should have come with instead of the carpet :thumby:

You'll have to excuse the dirty panels as I still have to give the interior one final cleaning. Just have the rear seats to install and I think my interior will finally be put back together again :thumby:

After I took the pics I put all the little black pieces that go on the seat tracks to cover the bolts.

You'll also notice that I just used my old shift boot and bolted it on top of the flooring. I'm going to come up with something new to replace that with so I only cut out a hole big enough for the shifters to fit through.

Enjoy.

vinylfloor3.jpg

vinylfloor5.jpg

vinylfloor6.jpg

vinylfloor4.jpg

If anyone knows how those tabs on the left and right for the cargo area are suppose to go let me know. I couldn't remember.

Looks good. OK, now explain about that angle finder on the dash. Just how accurate is it, + - ?

Looks good. OK, now explain about that angle finder on the dash. Just how accurate is it, + - ?

It's called an inclinometer or a digital attitude indicator. It measures the pitch and roll of the vehicle.

The instructions say that it is accuracy is +/- 2 degrees and as a resolution of 1 degree. Also the temp sensor has a resolution of 1*F and an accuracy of +/- of 5*F. Uses 2 "AAA" batteries that should last you about 1 year.

It's called an inclinometer or a digital attitude indicator. It measures the pitch and roll of the vehicle.

The instructions say that it is accuracy is +/- 2 degrees and as a resolution of 1 degree. Also the temp sensor has a resolution of 1*F and an accuracy of +/- of 5*F. Uses 2 "AAA" batteries that should last you about 1 year.

Thats pretty cool! Where could we find one of those?

Thats pretty cool! Where could we find one of those?

Perhaps your local 4wheel shop?

I know you can find it on e-bay but it's more then what I paid for it.

If you're interested I could see if I could pick one up for you. That is if they have any left. There a hit with the local wheelers and getting bought up pretty quickly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much do they run? I've looked around here at the 4wheel shops and they don't have anything.

Back