CCR2001 UPDATED! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CCR2001 UPDATED!

Friday Ride

I'm thinking about running a couple of easy, scenic trails on Friday. If anyone would like to join me, let me know.

I am thinking about Guanella Pass (trail 55) and Boreas Pass (trail 49). Each takes about an hour. We could run one in the morning, find a scenic spot for a long, leisurely lunch, then run the other after lunch. Also, we could establish a meeting place for the second trail, if anyone wants to join up for the afternoon ride only.

They are supposed to be quite scenic, and not challenging, so I think they would make for a very relaxing day (in preparation for the weekend runs!)

I would also like to spend some time looking around Dillon Reservoir.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: Friday Ride

Originally posted by Scott Bosso
I'm thinking about running a couple of easy, scenic trails on Friday. If anyone would like to join me, let me know.

I am thinking about Guanella Pass (trail 55) and Boreas Pass (trail 49). Each takes about an hour. We could run one in the morning, find a scenic spot for a long, leisurely lunch, then run the other after lunch. Also, we could establish a meeting place for the second trail, if anyone wants to join up for the afternoon ride only.

They are supposed to be quite scenic, and not challenging, so I think they would make for a very relaxing day (in preparation for the weekend runs!)

I would also like to spend some time looking around Dillon Reservoir.
Guanella Pass is just a gravel road. You WILL NOT NEED four wheel drive. Yes it is pretty but don't think of it as four wheeling. Just wanted to let you know.

Scott,

Boreas is one of my favorite drives... Granted to Perry its not hard at all... But I find it quite fun... And VERY scenic... There is also one fun little logging road off to the side that I hit everytime I'm up there... Its great... I'm up for that on Friday afternoon... If you want to take it from 285 and go back to silverthorn that would be great... I can try to make it up for Gunella in the morning but no promises... I can for sure make it over for boreas though..

CCR2001 Images...

I wanted to put up a few images from our pre-runs for CCR2001. It's now just a FEW WEEKS AWAY!

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

to holy cross or not to holy cross?
I keep finding more things I damaged on french creek of holy cross (was crawling around and realized I snapped my harmonic balancer!) and contemplating possibly backing out from doign it on this run. I've already damaged my Explorer pretty good, and proved I can make it past french creek, LOL. We'll see what I feel like come CCR :).

How the heck did you break your harmonic dampner???

I think I landed on it on a rock... its the one on the rear axle, not the one in the engine compartment :).

Oh the one I took off 7 years ago... That's just there to catch rocks. I never found any other use for it.

LOL well either way, thats just one of the many parts that is now not working as a result of holy cross, LOL

mmpc, ok to run with you guys on CCR2001??

As I told you before, when I was with you pre-running, not able to make it for the weekend.

Well, Saturday has freed up. I might be able to ride with you guys. Cannot say for sure right now, however os that ok or do you need to be signed up?

Would give you another Ranger to run with lonewolf and Wade.:D

If so, would handle it as a walk-on, if that is ok. I would just need to know where to meet, say with lonewolf?

cpousnr - you're welcome to run with us in your Ranger - don't necessarily need to be "signed up." It would be helpful for us to know, however, if you plan to attend Saturday's group dinner.

As for the meeting place, it's going to be the City Market/Starbucks Coffee shopping center on the north side of highway 6 - that's just south/east of the Silverthorne exit (#205) off of I-70.

well.. after much thought, deliberation, gnashing of teeth, I've come to a decision.

I'm going to attend CCR, so one way or another, I'll be there (either via VFR, or other..)

See you all there!

Cris,
Not planning on the dinner, but thanks, will only be able to break away for one day. Think the dinner would be fun but just wanted to run for the day.
I will keep in touch as to whether I will be there on Sat or Sun. If nothing elxe, have lonewolfs cell number.

You never know when you need a pickup on these runs:D

I need cb, fire extinguisher and what else?

What time?

Dennis Brown

Dennis,

Look in this forum for the thread from CCR2000. In there, you will find a very detailed list of required/suggested equipment to carry with you while 4-wheeling.

Chris,

What CB channel are we going to meet up on?

tdavis - glad to hear you're going to make it!

cpousnr - we won't put you down for the dinner. As for the equipment list, Scott's suggestion is best. A CB radio with a good antenna is very important if you want to fully enjoy the day!

Scott Bosso - we've been using "lucky" channel 13 on many of our runs, so let's start there...

I hope I can make it...

I have nailed down rooms reservations at the motel but several factors seem to be working against me making this event...
I've got a growing list of repairs on the Explorer that need to be done before I can go. Including, pitman arm shaft seal, tranny cooling issues, and now the brakes are grinding. All of these things must be addressed before heading to the high country. So, hopefully I'll get it all taken care of and still have funds left for CCR.
The timing on these repairs could have been better. But in a strange way, with 180k on my Explorer, it's somewhat of a relief when something fails and replacing it kinda turns back the clock (odometer).
Well, here's hoping I can make this trip...

Re: I hope I can make it...

Originally posted by wabbit
I have nailed down rooms reservations at the motel but several factors seem to be working against me making this event...
I've got a growing list of repairs on the Explorer that need to be done before I can go. Including, pitman arm shaft seal, tranny cooling issues, and now the brakes are grinding. All of these things must be addressed before heading to the high country. So, hopefully I'll get it all taken care of and still have funds left for CCR.
The timing on these repairs could have been better. But in a strange way, with 180k on my Explorer, it's somewhat of a relief when something fails and replacing it kinda turns back the clock (odometer).
Well, here's hoping I can make this trip...

wabbit, hope you and kwistine can make it. Always better to identify those problems before the big run then during though!

I'll second that, wabbit - it'll be good to see you guys since Moab! Also, you wouldn't want to miss the grand debut of the Moab video! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey thats my truck on the ccr2001 Itinerary if anyone wants to lookie look, lol I just saw the pic and got all happy!!

Back