• Register Today It's free!

CD player don't work.

00SVT

Reaction score
City, State
Olathe Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Got all the speakers in the doors installed, amp. Is hooked up and swapped out the factory deck for a Alpine headunit. My problem is i can get radio and my ipod to work, but the CD player wont work. It just makes a weird noise and you got to push the disk in as well. Looking for some help on how to fix the issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got all the speakers in the doors installed, amp. Is hooked up and swapped out the factory deck for a Alpine headunit. My problem is i can get radio and my ipod to work, but the CD player wont work. It just makes a weird noise and you got to push the disk in as well. Looking for some help on how to fix the issue.

Not sure how much help many of us are going to be. If this is an issue with the CD drive in your deck, you'd be better off calling Alpine's tech support.

Why not just exchange the deck- sounds like the deck is toast.

Why not just exchange the deck- sounds like the deck is toast.

The factory deck works just fine. I am also thinking the deck is toast. I will call alpine next week when they are open and talk with them about it.

It is not a new deck that you can't exchange at the store? Sounds like the CD mechanism is not functional.

I bought it from a friend who runs a stereo shop. But i have to go through alpine for any warranty work. He lives in a different state so i would have to send it back to alpine. The deck is only a month and a half old. Has it in my Project truck. But once i bought the explorer due to teaeing down the truck this winter, i pulled it out so it could still be used more instead of just collecting dust for three months

That's kind of a b***h! :)

Little update. Talked with Alpine today and the tech gave me a step to try and fix the issue and if it didn't work I would have to send the Deck to them and have it fixed. So after a short test, the Deck still won't play a CD. So It looks like the Deck is coming out tomorrow and going out to Alpine Friday.

Supposed to get the Deck back today, so hope they fixed what ever the problem was with the CD Drive.

Back