CEL Codes I got! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wyoguy222

Reaction score
City, State
Rapid City, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Ford Explorer
I have a 1995 Ford Explorer Expedition. Check Engine light has been coming on for years, and the bulb finally burned out about a year ago! Well I replaced the bulb today and finally use the wire trick to get my codes. Here is what I got the first time,

(KOEO) 111 327 631 327 631 1 327 327

So If I figure this right these are my codes

327-EGR feedback signal is/was low - EVR or PFE
631-Overdrive Cancel Light circuit problem - Transmissions

Here is codes for KOER

(KOER) 111 6327538536632116327538536632

And for this I figured these codes?

632-E4OD - Transmission Control Switch (TCS) should be cycled once between engine ID and Goose test
753-I DONT KNOW
853-I DONT KNOW
663-I DONT KNOW
211-Ignition PIP signal was erratic or missing - Ignition Systems

Now I figured I don't have the right codes here because there is no such thing as the 3 above, so I redid it correctly I guess and got these codes for KOER

(KOER) 11 6327632116327632
So what codes would this be?!?

And my other question is, what does this mean? 631-Overdrive Cancel Light circuit problem - Transmissions

ALSO, after this was done I pressed the throttle to do that test, after that test was complete the CEL flashed 9 times, then 9 times again. What does that mean??

Which of these codes would keep my engine light on, it turns on after about 20 seconds of driving. My O/D light does not turn on at all, and might also be burned out, would that have anything to do with that code. I finally get all these codes and just don't know where to start! Anyone that can help me, I appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one? Really?

So I changed the bulb on the O/D light today, and have figured out it is not the bulb. What else could it be. Does anyone know what "Overdrive cancel Light Circuit problem" means?

So I changed the bulb on the O/D light today, and have figured out it is not the bulb. What else could it be. Does anyone know what "Overdrive cancel Light Circuit problem" means?

Look for a broken/rubbed open wire in the steering column that feeds the Overdrive button/light at the end of the shift lever.

Also, go to Advance/AutoZone/whoever and have them hook up a code reader. They will generally do this for free and either tell you or give you a printout with the actual code numbers (eg P0174, etc). Far more reliable than trying to count flashes. Good luck.

Well i opened up the steering column and looked for both my problems and found them. The wires are horrible in there! Going to look for a new wiring harness. Wires are pretty loose and bare on some of them.

I did take my truck to autozone for the CEL, but they told me they don't have a scan tool, because they didn't start doing OBD II until 96, which is true, because I used the OBD II we have at work and it wouldn't work. So I did the test doing the paper clip thing!

Thanks for your help :)

Well i opened up the steering column and looked for both my problems and found them. The wires are horrible in there! Going to look for a new wiring harness. Wires are pretty loose and bare on some of them.

I did take my truck to autozone for the CEL, but they told me they don't have a scan tool, because they didn't start doing OBD II until 96, which is true, because I used the OBD II we have at work and it wouldn't work. So I did the test doing the paper clip thing!

Thanks for your help :)

Sorry - I didn't notice that you have a 95 and are therefore OBDI. Counting flashes is a PITA! Good luck.

Back