Cell phone mount

Rob_I

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 PIU 3.7 NA
What do you folks use for cell phone holders? Other vehicles haven't been bad to outfit but my PIU seems to be startlingly difficult. I've always been able to keep my phone at almost eye level, just below the dashboard. Vent mount, or right next to the radio.

My 2013 PIU came with a very nice clean Havis center console. Cup holders, lock box, storage cavity, arm rest. Havis has a magnet mount that is better than nothing, but holy smokes that's pricy.

My favorite company for phone mounts, ProClip, has options but I don't like any of them.

I really don't like the windshield/dash suction cup deals and I don't want to take up one of my console cup holders. Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have cupholders in the console? Also, using the handy 'Search' feature, I came up with this thread. Cell Phone Mount

Peter

When I searched it apparently only searched the PIU forum. Thought it odd no one else had this issue. Disregard! Sorry!

Yes I do have cup holders, but really don't like cup holder...holders.

That's just a slice of awesome with the automatic closing feature alone! And that you know it will fit the vent. I'll have to pick one up. 👍

The Otterbox on my S10+ is thicker than 0.16" so the induction charging wouldn't work.

That's just a slice of awesome with the automatic closing feature alone! And that you know it will fit the vent. I'll have to pick one up. 👍

The Otterbox on my S10+ is thicker than 0.16" so the induction charging wouldn't work.

I have a Pelican case on my S9 and it works fine. My wife has a pretty thick case on her S10+ and it also works fine. The good thing about Amazon is that you can return it if it doesn’t work.

I’ll get a picture of the mount in our Explorer, if that’d help.

I'm absolutely willing to give it a try. There are SO MANY holders out there. Only found one I actually liked, different vehicle but vent mount, but it was discontinued and replaced by an even lower quality model. Pictures would be fantastic.

Quick update. I ended up buying this:

Ford Explorer Angled Dash Mount

With the rugged universal holder for my S10+ and Otterbox Defender.

It's pretty darn slick and recommended. Fits tight to the center dash area and a passenger can sit no problem. My phone being larger 'slightly' overlaps the temp knob, but not irritatingly so. VERY secure too. I have no fear it will fall off. Wish it was more eye level, but not a lot of unused real estate in the PIU dash area.

Quick update. I ended up buying this:

Ford Explorer Angled Dash Mount

With the rugged universal holder for my S10+ and Otterbox Defender.

It's pretty darn slick and recommended. Fits tight to the center dash area and a passenger can sit no problem. My phone being larger 'slightly' overlaps the temp knob, but not irritatingly so. VERY secure too. I have no fear it will fall off. Wish it was more eye level, but not a lot of unused real estate in the PIU dash area.

I have that on my PIS, but I went with the Cupphone for the PIU.

I did buy mine from ProClip - pretty well designed and built although a bit expensive

Back