Center armrest vinyl shot...replacement? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center armrest vinyl shot...replacement?

MotorolaBilly

Reaction score
City, State
Round Prairie, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I guess I've got sharp elbows or something, because where my right one rests, a hole has worn through the vinyl top on the center console lid/armrest. I looked at the underside for a part number, but I didn't see one. Where can I get one of these for a '97 XLT Explorer? It looks like two or three screws holding it to the hinge, a five minute project at best. Thanks for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ebay

Look on Ebay, there are lots of armrests. Or you can recover it yourself.

Had the same problem. Dealership wanted $150 for a new one. Took it to an Auto upholsterer and he recovered it for $30. Looks like new.

I bought one of those kits on ebay for around $25. Easy to do, and looks like new.

I think my wife probably got some vinyl at the fabric store for under $5 and fixed it for me. It was real easy to do. I came home one afternoon, and the armrest was fixed. ;)

I know this guy's wife. Talked to him a couple times. Nice guy.

My wife did the same thing and bought 1/2 a yard of some grey vinyl and re-did my center armrest. Looks new. Color is a bit off but it's better then a rip.

Back