Center Console access | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center Console access

fischmanr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
I've got a 2016 Explorer XLT that I have DVD headrests being installed in. The FM Modulator for the headrests has an auxiliary input on it that the installer will "leave hanging by the driver's seat."

I'd like to get this cable into the center console to give it a better fit and finish appearance. Whats the best way to route this cable from under the driver's seat (where the modulator for the DVD headrests is located) into the center console? I expect to have to drill a hole someplace, but need some advice on the best place to put the hole.

Thanks in advance!

I've got a 2016 Explorer XLT that I have DVD headrests being installed in. The FM Modulator for the headrests has an auxiliary input on it that the installer will "leave hanging by the driver's seat."

I'd like to get this cable into the center console to give it a better fit and finish appearance. Whats the best way to route this cable from under the driver's seat (where the modulator for the DVD headrests is located) into the center console? I expect to have to drill a hole someplace, but need some advice on the best place to put the hole.

Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure where the factory FM Modulator is installed, assuming they also have it. There are receiving antennas and cables mounted/routed around the console. There have been posts about remote start not working along with some other issues that were traced back to leaving certain items plugged in and left on all the time. If you suddenly have unexpected issues, the modulator might be the culprit. Just FYI.

Peter

Back