Center Console Arm Rest | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center Console Arm Rest

soup6004

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer sports trac
I have googled and searched every kind of parts site there is. I CAN NOT FIND a center console arm rest. The bottom part of the arm rest broke and all I really need is that backing that screws off.
23j2whx.jpg
353bazb.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't believe anyone has come up with a good solution to fix that. Most of us just get a 1st gen style armrest which is made different from eBay or wherever and use that instead.

fixing the arm rest

mine just broke identical to yours a couple of weeks ago.

First I used JB Weld on all of the mating plastic surfaces I could then clapped it and let dry for a couple of days.

Then I got a piece of aluminum bar stock at Loews drilled holes to line up with the screw holes and got longer screws. This helps re-enforce the repair. It has been holding up.:thumbsup:

Didn't think about trying that. I tried gorilla glue but it didn't hold up long. I thought about figuring up the dimensions and having something machined out. There is a machine shop were I work and could use any material I wanted to mke the plate out of ...just not good with figuring degrees and angles.

mine is broken my center consule

Back