center console armrest removal? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

center console armrest removal?

OhioCichlids

Reaction score
Mine is broke at the hinge, and my parts truck has one. But how do you get the hinge out of the armrest?? :confused:

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

melsner

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
It been a couple of years but, there is an oval-shaped plastic piece on both sides of the console, in the top rear. Most of the time, the seat backs are in the way so you cant see them. Carefully pry them off and there should be two nuts or bolts on each side. I think they are 10 mm. Remove them and the armrest bracket should come out.

85Dave

Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
On my 92, I had to cut the hinges with a dremmel tool. Ford sells a kit with new hinges and metal brackets.

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4