• Register Today It's free!

Center console replacement.

Alanslinky

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
ex- 94 Eddie Bauer
Does anyone know if you can replace the center console from the first gen with one from a heep wrangler? The reason I ask is because I tend to leave the truck open a lot and want a way to secure things such as my faceplate, registration, and things like that. I've been using the glove box, but recently broke the lock on that and then found out how easy it was to break into the glove box, so I was hoping I'd be able to get something a little more secure. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you remove the center console You can bolt anything you want to the floor in it's place. Jeep console, safe, ammo case, etc. But you will have to remove the rear passenger foot heater tube (unless you figure out a way to work around it). It runs directly underneath the stock console.

How do you keep things in your X secure without any doors?

weld a small safe(like walmarts small gun andamo case)inside under the rear seat.

best way to keep your truck and the stuff in it safe...

Sleep in it. With a gun.

Sure it's slightly uncomfortable but you might, just maybe, get too shoot someone.

How do you keep things in your X secure without any doors?

Currently I just don't leave anything of value in it.
But I'm working on a project now, removing the back seat and install a large lock box (or 2 smaller ones) for tools and storage. Plenty of people just bolt or weld a large box in the back of the truck. But the floor where the back seat is is several inches lower then the rear deck, and I'm trying to keep as low a CG as I can. Plus, I already have another vehicle that seats 5. And with all my tools, spare parts and fluids, rescue equipment, and spare tire My 'trunk' is full up to the top of the back seat before I even load up camping gear, coolers, etc. . . So I just need more room -> bye bye back seat

best way to keep your truck and the stuff in it safe...

Sleep in it. With a gun.

Sure it's slightly uncomfortable but you might, just maybe, get too shoot someone.

Unfortunately I once found someone ELSE sleeping in my truck. He was just some drunk kid from next door, looking for a place to pass out, laid across the back seat, but I gave his a piece of my mind.

I do have a hidden ignition kill switch to keep it from getting stolen (I have a switch ignition & push button starter).

a kill switch is never a bad idea.Just make sure it's hidden well.I will install a kill switch when i do half door's.Right now my window's just fall down on there own do to bad gear in the window motor but o'well.I just keep my gun at home whn i drive the x'sploder.

Back