• Register Today It's free!

Center Console

nygbrad

Reaction score
City, State
Longwood, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
Well I am starting my 'quad' seat set up a little backwards. I just ordered the center console today. I found a set of Aviator leather seats but they are grey and I am trying to hold out for Medium Parchment Explorer seats so they are an exact match. I am very tempted to buy them and just paint them with the SEM Classic Coat. I have heard nothing but good things about that stuff but I plan on keeping my Ex for awhile and don't like doing things 1/2 ass.

CenterConsole.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck! Subscribing................:popcorn:

This is no doubt an ignorant question, but did they make Aviators with a medium parchment interior? I only ask because when I was shopping for Aviators a while back I only found them to either have a light grey, dark grey, or cream white interior.

Tom

those are the three colors, no medium.

Yes I am now wondering if I should just get these Aviator seats and use the Classic Coat to color match them to my interior. I think the odds of finding another set of 2nd row buckets are few and far between. Later on down the road I was thinking I could just put on a set of Eddie Bauer factory skins to make the colors and styles match 100%.

What do you guys think. I am going to see if this place will take my stock bench seat as part of trade for the buckets. I should be able to get the seats for under $80 with the trade.

Squirrelmaster - Do you know if the Aviator seats bolt right in?

im in the process of doing somewhat the same thing. im pulling out the center seat to make room for my batteries and amplifiers. and im gonna have to fab up a fiberglass center console then wrap it with this carpet that i found o match the stock. so ill kinda have buckets but just using the original seats lol
ill ahve pics up soon

I thought about getting just the outter seats from a 40-20-40 set but I don't like how small they are. I have the 60-40 bench now and the small section set is pretty small. The actual rear bucket seats are closer in size as the front ones. As long as this guy will give me some cash for my stock seat I might pick up the Aviators tomorrow.

Well I did it...I bought the grey Aviator seats. The center console should be here tomorrow. And I need to make a trip to the automotive paint store and check out the SEM Classic Coat so I can make them match. One thing i didn't anticipate was the seats will not fold up (to enter the 3rd row) because of the storage box since I don't have a 3rd row. I think I'm going to trim some slots in it to make it work. I will keep you updated when I make the color change!!

IMAG0107.jpg

Well I did it...I bought the grey Aviator seats. The center console should be here tomorrow. And I need to make a trip to the automotive paint store and check out the SEM Classic Coat so I can make them match. One thing i didn't anticipate was the seats will not fold up (to enter the 3rd row) because of the storage box since I don't have a 3rd row. I think I'm going to trim some slots in it to make it work. I will keep you updated when I make the color change!!

Nice. :p: Can't wait to see the install!! :D

Well got the console in today. It's just sitting there because I need the brackets. This weekend I am going to attempt to paint/dye the seats.

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

Nice. I'm glad I asked the question. :)

Tom

Well here is one seat completed. It took me about a day and a half because I took the seat apart to make it look better. I also had to paint the carpet portion of the seat black because the parchment wouldnt cover the grey very well. I am going to two tone (black/parchment) the center console to make it look uniform. I also have black floor mats and plan on getting a black cargo mat so I think it will all blend in pretty good.

Leaving to go out of state for the holiday so I won't be able to mess with the other until I get back.

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

Thats awesome! I would really love todo the bucket seat swap in my explorer, but the times I usually DO have people in the backseat theres 3 :(

Awesome job! :bounce: Those look really nice in there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

so why didnt you just grab the front seats to put in and match all of them???

front seats weren't available. In the long run I want to get the two tone Eddie Bauer seat skins anyway.

Well I finally finished coloring the seats and center console yesterday. Here is how they look installed.

100_8067.jpg

100_8066.jpg

Looks excellent! Great job :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The looks really great. You did a nice job!!! :thumbsup:

Back