• Register Today It's free!

center consoles....

exsport1211

Reaction score
City, State
las vegas nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer sport
i have an 02 sport 4wd with the full console to the dash and want to know if i can swap it with an older console that has the tissue holder etc.the older is two pieces i believe but looks like it will take the place of the one piece in my 02.i m just wondering bc my center console is rhinolined and i found the older two piece at the junkyard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the floorboard of your truck, look for the mounting bracket. You can install it, but it has to have that bracket in the floor at the rear. The console slides(hooks) into the bracket from the back. Set it down behind the bracket, and slide it forward into the bracket, up to the dash. That means you have to pull it backwards to remove it.

There are four bolts holding it in besides the bracket, two tiny ones in the dash, and two in the floor near the center.

Attachments

• ConsoleMount.JPG
    ConsoleMount.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 525

thanks for the help but i alread have the full console with 2 cupholders and the lil cubby at the front .but i found the console with two cubbys and cupholders from and older ex that hopefully snaps into place where the old one does.mine i bought but it was rhinolined and is bubbling so im getting a older one to spray black metallic to match my stereo shroud

Your Sport has a different shaped console, and the mounting may or may not be the same. If the mounting is the same, then they will swap easily.

I have an 01 sport and I've used both the one pc and the two pc with the tissue holder. It will fit, I'm pretty sure. I would swap only the upper part, not the entire thing.

I used a mounting tab I got from a guy in this thread named CDW and it worked perfect. ;)

I have an 01 sport and I've used both the one pc and the two pc with the tissue holder. It will fit, I'm pretty sure. I would swap only the upper part, not the entire thing.

I used a mounting tab I got from a guy in this thread named CDW and it worked perfect. ;)

thats what i plan on doin.the upper part only.the cup holders forward.should be the two cupholder and then infront of that the cubbies etc

Back