• Register Today It's free!

Center Pod Brightness

MN JIM

Reaction score
City, State
Winona, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
I just got a base 2013 Explorer. It has the Sirius radio option. Is there a way to control brightness on the center screen? The pod with the speedometer is fine. I just want to turn the prightness down on the radio screen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got a base 2013 Explorer. It has the Sirius radio option. Is there a way to control brightness on the center screen? The pod with the speedometer is fine. I just want to turn the prightness down on the radio screen.
I'm assuming it has the 4.5 inch screen and not the 8 inch. I'm looking at a picture of the 2011 base model in a brochure I have and it seems that you have 4 options, CD, Radio, Phone and Menu. I would assume that the setting for the brightness is either in the Radio or Menu option. In mine with the 8" screen the brightness for the MFT/Radio is controlled through settings on the large screen. I haven't found where the brightness setting is addressed in my Owner's Guide.

Peter

Yes I have the 4.5" screen. I went throught all the menu options and do not see one for brightness.

2011 base model (with the 4.5 inch simple radio display / panel)....

At the lights panel, the + / - switches on the dimmer control sub-panel adjust brightness on all buttons, knobs and displays when the headlamps / parklamps are on.

Checked it at 4am...Using + / - switches, the brightness on radio panel will incrementally track the brighness at speedometer panel and all other instrument lights.

2011 base model (with the 4.5 inch simple radio display / panel)....

At the lights panel, the + / - switches on the dimmer control sub-panel adjust brightness on all buttons, knobs and displays when the headlamps / parklamps are on.

Checked it at 4am...Using + / - switches, the brightness on radio panel will incrementally track the brighness at speedometer panel and all other instrument lights.
Thanks canuk, and welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
So it seems that on the base model that there is only one brightness control for all items. Getting up at 4am to check this out! Now that is dedication.;)

Peter

Back