• Register Today It's free!

Center tray organizer

vq5speed

Reaction score
City, State
1991 XLT Manual Locks
Year, Model & Trim Level
Stockton,Ca
I been wanting to put some sort of organizer tray on my center hump. Couldn't really find anything that fit so I had to make my own. Still thinking about covering it with tan vinyl or paint it to match the interior better. Its held together with just wood glue. But for now its just the wood color sealed with polyester resin doesn't look that bad.

DSCN2662_zps24d0dbdb.jpg

DSCN2668_zps1b696fd7.jpg

DSCN2682_zpsf5e491e6.jpg

I dig it and it looks functional!

It looks good & it's yours

Individual functionality is what's important here. It's your Ex', and it functions for you.

My last Ex', I had 35"tires, lifted, and so forth. However, this one is 2wd, and I just am itching for two years to find out how to remove the center console for more space. I just don't want it to look like junk if I do. And, the rear subwoofer is blown. I have unplugged it, but I am thinking that as I understand you have to take off the whole inside, right, rear panel to take out sub-box. So, I want to find how to neatly trim out the shape of the whole sub & box to make a recessed storage holder area.....4" deep and a shelf or two for small storage.

Hmm. think I'll make a Thread - luv this helpful site

Functional was my purpose its not a show truck so making it look like it was OEM was not a priority. I was going to cover it with some vinyl to match the interior but I think i'm just going to leave it as it is.
I understand wanting more space. I considered swapping my bucket seats for the split bench seat in the front and that space would of gave it good leg room. But I didn't want to give up my center cup holders and console compartment I store lots of stuff in there. I'd have to find somewhere else to put that stuff.

Back