Central NJ area - where can i get my X lifted? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Central NJ area - where can i get my X lifted?

well, that's like Doug's was, we cut it, and rewelded it, moved it up, but he will tell you, if his truck didn't have a brushguard, he would have been better off the other day

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh...so even with the right bumper brackets i would have to modify the brushgaurd?

Originally posted by sean4385
Wow thats pretty sweet!
my goal for the near future is to match yer truck Namitey hehe....well minus the 35's lol

ah you say that now but give it a little while you'll be wanting them. :)

I modified my brushgaurd, cut about 8" out of it and the brackets and it came out right underneath the brushgaurd. looked could till i hit a retaining wall. :(

then it did not look so good, neither did the grille, header panel, lights, well, atleast the KC's weren't on yet:p

ture, i may want them. but ill never get them lol
i dont even think ill be able to go through with this BL.
im only gonna just have the 2" from the shackles and TT, so im prolly gonna be stuck with my 31's

Myers II

Swing by myers 2 on Prospect Street in trenton they might have a good line on a shop that will do it on 130 in Hamilton Body by Mule or i think ther is a place Deuie both places are in the book. at one time they did that work but Myers should be your best bet.

im trying to find a shop in RI thatll do that stuff(except for the BL) i just dont have the space or quite all the know how to tackle it myself im also trying to figure out if i want to bother with the 4dr springs or not, i think i can handle the shackle/TT myself

if you can do the shackle, you can swap in the 4 dr springs, Doug and I have it down to about 30min to do both sides

Muskrat: Alright, should I order the springs and AAL? I put in a set of Gabriel shocks a while back and I think I need to change them out as well. Will I be able to drive without an immediate alignment?

alignment for, the TT? I don't even think that the twist throws the alignment out by much, we haven't had much of a problem with bad alignment, but I do know that when you get the truck aligned, they need to replace a set of frame cams, or something like that to adjust the camber. You may just want to get a set of used springs for the rear, presagged, same as we've done, and they are a heck of a lot cheaper than new springs:D AAL's are not hard to do either

I have a 94 which has a different front end than the 95 and newer ones. It has the TTB front axle.

haha, I completly forgot you had a 94, that has the same suspension as my truck, duh! I have the 2" skyjackers on now, still need to get the camber adjusted before my tires wear too funky, but it still drives alright. changing the springs wasn't too bad, just takes a little time b/c the retaining nut is kind of funky to get to.

What did you do for the rear?

33's clear the back of my truck, not a problem, hell, I think I could stuff 35's in the back, but I won't. Ranger's have big wheel wells, and I'm factory sprung over, with factory lift blocks. I do have Explorer 4dr springs in the back now though:D

Did you replace your shocks?

all around, mine were beat, but my new shocks in the front don't seem to be working right, might be upside down or something

so far no luck

I swung by Myers II today to see if theyd do the PA BL for me. At first they said its impossible to put a ranger BL on an X...
After convincing them that you can they said they cant because of liability issues. They said the Explorer body connects to the frame in only 8 places. Therefore it would be unsafe to separate these few places with blocks of a lift because the body wont be connected to the frame strong enough. The guy said that you could be goin around a sharp turn, or hitting your brakes real hard and you body could slide right off the rest of your truck.....
It must be one of them once in a million chance things, cause so far i havn't heard anyone on the board mention something like that, out of all the people who have this BL.
Anyway Myers wouldn't do the lift and im still trying to find a way to get it done.

Later, Sean

Sean,
Doug and I will give you a hand, but it would have to be a few weeks tillwe can arrange something. What the shop told was bogus, no one wants the liability of modifying a vehicle already known to roll over (when idiots are driving, on bald tires) if that was the case, they wouldn't sell BL for Jeep wranglers then, I think they only connect in 6 places. PM me, and we'll work sometrhing out, but if we do this, remember, the truck will no longer be as sturdy as a sports car:p

How do I get on the wait list for my springs/shocks.?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, when do you guys want to get this stuff done, I'm busy the weekend of the 22nd, and the 28, any toher time is good as of now. Email me scraun2@yahoo.com

Back