Central Virginia Meet and Greet

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Some of us have been talking about doing this, so I am beginning some more serious dialog. I know Brandon has his rig back on the road, cause I've seem him riding around. Others have expressed intrest as well I am going to propose that we meet on or about Saturday March 19, 2011, in Richmond.

So if we have any real intrest, now is the time to express.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i am down..i have a stock rig though just got it 6 months and had to do a trans job and other small stuff.If its an easy trail ride then i am down if not maybe i could hook up with someone and ride..i live in hagerstown MD and dont know anyone else with an X up here..let me know whats up

ill tag along im in the NoVA area but go down to richmond to see friends at VCU a lot

im game if i dont have duty. and i promise my truck will be the comic relief

im pretty sure im down.
i doubt ill have my truck running by then.

unless its a meet and greet at my house, instead of soda, plates, chips, etc. yall bring d60s, springs, tires, tools, random engine parts and we finish my crap :D

Xeek, I was thinking something with a little less work.

Brandon, yes I still the want the engine stand.

I'm going to throw this out there for you all to ponder about, Unclemeat I'm not sure if you were planning a wheeling M&G or just a dinner or something..

buuutt...

VA4x4 had a pretty successful meet at Quaker Steak and Lube out on West Broad.. I'm pretty confident if we can get enough guys to guarantee to show up we can reserve a strip of their parking lot out. I drive by there all the time on my way home from the late shift and ALWAYS see bikes and/or muscle cars hangin' out. Oh and the food's really good too. :thumbsup:

Just a thought.

EDIT -- http://www.thelube.com/Richmond_VA/

Works for me. It is close to the interstate at the I95 64 intersection.

What kind of meet are you thinking? I was just down in VA over the weekend and for most part it was a nice drive...

So far it's lookin' like just a get together..:dunno:

It looks like we got 7 thus far?

Unclemeat
Brandon96
69Explorer69
Sbyrne97
FangoTango306
Xeek
Glen4x4

I know theres more Explorers around these parts.. WHICH REMINDS ME; I saw a Pink 2nd Gen today on Parham, I think it was a '95-'97.. we have GOT to find out who that is.. seriously.

Y'all update what kind of meet your planning on cause if it's trail ride then I may drive the 94 if its just meet and greet I'll dive my 96 down, still seems kind of undecided.

Really wanted to go to this but unfortunately, I'll be out of town on this particular weekend so I'm hoping that there is a next time.

Welcome to the mindset of a Virginian, Glen; Half the time even we don't know what we're doing. I'll leave it up to Unclemeat, he's in charge round these parts.

Lol, as long as I'm not traveling in Charlottesville where people can't drive normal I'm cool with it lol

I was only thinking food drink and talk. I would like to see us plan several trips.

I suggest a spring beach run, perhaps Corallia or Nags Head.

Also, a George Washington National Forest run. Stoney Run (big Levels) is only about 15minutes of pavement from the gravel road to Crabtree Meadows, which is the trail head for Shoe Creek. Crabtree Meadows is a popular place to camp. They have a latrene. It is a short hike to the top of Crabtree Falls.

I have not found any legal wheeling spots around Richmond, yet.

If everybody wants to go wheeling instead of talking about it I am game for that too.

1 vote for keeping this a simple Meet and Greet @ Quaker Steak & Lube.

... As I will not have 4x4 by March. Will have the truck tuned though, maybe JD will bring that other OHV up and I can run 'em :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back