Change Engine Oil Soon message - how to clear | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Change Engine Oil Soon message - how to clear

digifoss

Reaction score
City, State
Grants, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer XLT
I changed the engine oil recently and a few days later the info center screen started showing the change engine oil soon message. When the message shows up, I hold the reset button in a while and when I release it the message clears, only to return the next time I start the engine. How do I clear this message and is the number of miles away for it to return definable ?

Yes the percentage is adjustable. Hold the reset button for aproxamately 2 seconds to get the percentage to go down and a quick tap of the reset button to save the oci setting. It's also written out in your manual.

Edit
The oci reset is in the system setting. What instrument cluster do you have? Is it the one with three buttons by the traction control button or the single reset button in the cluster?

MY guess based on it being an xlt V6 like mine, is that it doesnt have the buttons by the radio. If that is the case, just press the little button in the dashboard by the odometer till it says hold reset, then hold it in, and you will get to a little menu that lets you do things like adjust when the doors lock/unlock, and a few other things, including reseting oil life and adjusting the number of miles for oil change reminder. (you can also use this menu to see about how long till the next oil change)

Ok, thanks for the input guys. I found it on page 109 / 110 of the manual also, thanks.

Back