Change spark plugs | Page 3 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!
    If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Change spark plugs

MakinJeepsWeep!

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Polk County Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer 5.0L AWD
Callsign
Big Red
There you go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MakinJeepsWeep!

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Polk County Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer 5.0L AWD
Callsign
Big Red
If you have issues with there check out cart you can call them or match number to amazon or ebay.

J_C

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Florence, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC
You do not need special/exotic/expensive wires or plugs for these engines, is mostly a waste of money. I mean, platinum or better (metal) type plugs sure, for longer life between changes, but lower resistance wires will create radio noise and aren't needed since the design (coil voltage) accounts for lower noise resistor type wires, but the snake oil beyond that... If you have tweaked every last part of your engine through extensive power mods and this is all that remains, that's different than just replacing worn parts with good new ones appropriately spec'd for the engine to run well in the factory config.

massacre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘94 Explorer
‘19 Nautilus

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
You realize the OP is from the Ukraine, where these vehicles are very rare? He was reaching out for advice, obviously needed guidance, not a bunch of banter about FM radios. Lets keep this thread simple, or maybe lock it because its run its course.

If you look at my joining date, you will see that I am hardly "new to the internet". Lets try to stay on topic please. Maybe you could start your own who listens to FM radio anymore thread (I know I do)?

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
I deleted the off topic posts. Feel free to continue that convo in a separate thread in the appropriate section.