• Register Today It's free!

Change to the displays.

mjh-Canada

Reaction score
City, State
Chelsea, Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
So I have lost my default display. It was speed, fuel and tachometer.
And it is not available as a choice. ( I found an online picture, so I have not lost my mind).

Has anyone else noticed this?
The dealer has been playing with my Explorer a lot over the last bit, including rebuilding the transmission, because of a botched fluid change.

2017_ford_explorer_instrumentcluster.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which if any of your previous 'default' settings are you able to show?

Peter

Hi Peter,
The one in the picture is the one I like.
Now all it has is Fuel, and speed.
There are a total of six options. The only split is Fuel and Engine temp.

So the option to display the Vertical Tachometer is no longer available? I don't see why a tech working on transmission issues of fluid problems would even be involved with the displays. According to page 104 of the 3rd print of the Manual, that feature would be an option. Have you spoken with the dealership about it?

Peter

Will ask them tomorrow.
Transmission work was because they used 5 liters of fluid in total to do a flush.
I had to add 1.5 liters to get it to register. It was not shifting well, and it had been a long time since I had smelt burnt trany fluid...

Thanks.

I don't recall the exact menu selection names, but should give you an idea: In the Instrument cluster left screen, go to Settings > Display > Gauge display > Select Fuel+Tach.

I don't recall the exact menu selection names, but should give you an idea: In the Instrument cluster left screen, go to Settings > Display > Gauge display > Select Fuel+Tach.
That was it.
Thank you.

Michael

Back